Do You Care About Movie Ratings?

Discussion in 'Movies & Entertainment' started by Helene Lawson, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Helene Lawson

Helene Lawson Active Member
    Registered

Same with me. I loved "The Silence of The Lambs", "Apocalypto", "Gladiator", "The Patriot", "The Passion of the Christ", "Braveheart", those movies certainly did blow my mind in a good way, and gave me a great lesson. :D

Jennifer Graves likes this.
  2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I remember when I was growing up, and I always loved western movies. There was never any kind of foul language, or even anything close to nudity, let alone sex scenes.
    The closest any movie ever came was when the female star was bathing in the river, and you would see a pinkish shadow in the ripples of the water, and we all understood from that , that she was bathing.

I do not watch most of the newer movies, and none of the television programs that are out now. Any that I do watch (which is seldom) are older ones that are on Netflix.
    Hunt for Red October was a great movie, and one of my most favorites. I have watched it several times, and always enjoy it each time.
    Another movie that is fairly new, that I really liked was "Life of Pi". They did such a good job on the computer animation that it is sometimes hard to tell when they used the real tiger, and when it is the CGI one.

3. Jennifer Graves

Jennifer Graves Active Member
    Registered

Have you seen the movie based on Ailene Wournos? Its called "Monster". Watching that movie really blows my mind. She never had a chance. She was given up on before anyone had the chance to love her and teach her. If you watch the documentaries you learn a lot more about her horrible childhood and what led up to her doing what she did. I can't judge her for what she did. Sadly, I understand why it happened the way it did. She was wrong for killing the innocent men, but I get it.