Do You Buy Christmas Presents For Your Pets And Fill Stockings For Them?

Discussion in 'Holidays & Traditions' started by Babs Hunt, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I know how many pets become "family" to many people and so I have been wondering about this...do you buy your "family" pets Christmas presents and fill stockings for them at Christmas time?

Because of my allergies I can't have an indoor pet although my heart longs for one and I know my Honey would love to add a puppy to our family too. We have lots of outdoor family...Cardinals that come back every year and build their nest so we can see their babies, etc. And we gift them all year with plenty of bird feed, etc.

Today one of our many other "family" pets came to get their "treats" that we always have on hand for them. "Bella" was dressed in a pink patterned sweater even though it was close to 80 degrees today and that started me thinking about the topic of this thread. So for those who have "family" pets, do you gift them at Christmas?
    CP.jpg th9.jpg pets.jpg

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  2. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

When we had a dog. He had his own stocking filled with gifts.

Each time we opened a gift he had his to open too.

He loved Christmas but used to get over excited with the squeaky toys.

His particular favourite was a toy Margaret Thatcher :)

He was a rescue dog. Hence he was spoiled.

3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks for being so open and honest @Honey Gee. I know I would do the same thing if I could add a "baby" to my family in that way too now that all my human babies are grown up with babies of their own. :)

Diane Lane likes this.
  4. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I have no pets of my own at home , but I do have 7 grandfurkids...and yes they all get Christmas presents...every one of them..toys, outer coats to keep them warm, even home made doggie cakes...

5. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

When we had our Husky in Colorado, we bought her a couple of gifts. Helped her open then. She loved her Rawhide Chew Bone! Heck, I even set up our digital camera on a tripod outside (in front of our front porch) and took a picture of all three of us..........wife, myself and Nikki. Printed that photo out and sent it with Christmas cards.

6. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

My daughter does for Pickles since he's always been here for Christmas. Every day is Christmas for Pickles though...especially here. He's very spoiled. :)

Diane Lane and Patsy Faye like this.
  7. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

People who spoil their pets are great people! Two BIG "thumbs up" for all of them.
    We did with our Husky, Nikki and will do that with our next dog (Daisy) which will be a Shih Tzu.

8. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Daisy was the name of my son's dog...a beagle.

9. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We have done so at time, but our cats invariably have more fun playing with the wrapping paper and the boxes that the gifts are packaged in. Before we lost Bird, an adult feral cat that we took in, we would buy them because she was a real toy player. It didn't matter which cat a toy was given to, Bird would end up with it, along with any pens or other trinkets she could steal from our desks. She would periodically put her toys away too, moving everything to one particular place, such as under the couch. Before we took her in, I had been feeding her as a feral cat, and there was a time that she had found a ball, about the size of a soccer ball, and had been pushing it around, playing with other feral cats. When she was done, she pushed it under the vacant house where she lived, wedging it in so that it couldn't be easily stolen.

10. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I used to, but this year I'm not feeling well, so I'm mainly hanging upstairs, where I have a little tabletop tree. There isn't room up here for stockings, but I did get them a nice bag of treats, and I just bought them some new food. They're so busy snuggling and enjoying the food and treats that they won't miss the stockings at all. I did get them a new brush, though, and they really love it. It's a nice wooden long handled bath brush, rather than the small hard plastic ones typically used for cats.

11. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

We even send Christmas cards to the pooches....and my daughter send us cards from them....all with their pictures on to granny... awwww...

Sometimes we dress them up in Santa suits on the day... (the big ones get reindeer hats, and the little ones get santa suits....here's one picture of our miniature labradoodle..

[​IMG]