Do You Believe In Zombies?

Discussion in 'Make Me Laugh' started by Lon Tanner, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

2. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

My 11 year old grandson spent the day with me last week. All I saw most of the day was the top of his head due to him living on his phone.

Frank Sanoica and Bobby Cole like this.
  3. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

4. Bess Barber

Task Force Registered

It's REALLY sad when I see moms with toddlers in the grocery store and all they do is talk on their phone. No interaction with the child just sitting there in the basket. I enjoyed those times with my kids.

5. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

My wife does that to me. When I say something to her, as likely as not I'll get snapped at because I interrupted some nonsense that was on the radio (which they will be repeating ad nauseam throughout the day), but when her phone rings or someone texts her, that gets her immediate attention 95% of the time.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  7. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

This is my Biggest Bug bear!! You'll find me pontificating all over the forums about this very thing!! I see the parents walking down the road, pushing a pram, toddler walking beside, and the mother (and it's usually the mother) talking on the phone, and the children ignored.

Also in restaurants, children plonked in a chair and an ipad set up in front of them ..no interaction with the children...at all!!!

recently it broke my heart to watch a mother and toddler son.. feeding the ducks at the marina next to our boat!! She missed a big opportunity to talk about the ducks and the moorhens and swans, and perhaps even the boats with her child... instead choosing to have a completely Banal conversation on her phone...

I'm very worried for the future that children won't know how to hold conversations as adults with other adults, without the help of an electronic device...

Bess Barber likes this.
  8. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

Whenever I'm at a public place and see all those "neutralheads" walking around in a cell-phone coma, I'm always thankful I'm not one of them!

Howl

Bess Barber likes this.
  9. Bess Barber

Task Force Registered

I'm not coordinated enough to focus on what I'm doing while being on the phone. I won't even answer my phone while in a store.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  10. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Now that I have the Apple Watch, my phone just states in my purse, and actually, I could leave it home if I wanted, because I can use the watch as a phone all on its own.
    Even when I was using the phone, I didn’t use it in the store, or when I was driving, and only answered if it looked like it was important call, even then.
    Mainly, the person who called me is, my Sweetie, looking to see where I am at in Walmart.

Bobby Cole likes this.