Do You Believe In Ghosts?

Discussion in 'Conspiracies & Paranormal' started by Jenn Windey, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Helene Lawson

Helene Lawson Veteran Member
    Registered

I am generally very scared of ghosts, so I would want to never see a ghost in the future.
    Although I'm not denying that spirits bad and good ones do exist because there's much evidence and stories about people who have actually seen them also there's a lot of documentary due to this topic.

Richard Paradon likes this.
  2. Richard Paradon

Richard Paradon Supreme Member
    Registered

Hi Teresita! I had to chuckle a bit as I was wondering what your neighbors response would be!

3. Diana Kristof

Diana Kristof Veteran Member
    Registered

I am wondering how many of us believe in ghosts. I am not really sure if I do or not. I have had a few experiences in my life that had me wondering. But I also tend to be pretty skeptical, so I really do not know.

One experience involved being in a semi-wakeful state, which is what makes me think probably I was dreaming, but who knows? I was sitting up in bed and I saw what looked like a young women in 1920's attire standing at the foot of the bed, and she was holding a couple of puppies. I think they are cocker spaniels, but I'm a little vague on that. She didn't say anything. That was the extent of it.

I remember thinking in the morning that it must have been a dream, and yet it was so vivid, and my bedroom was exactly right. And when I dream, normally I have long, drawn out stories with lots of additional details. This was just kind of a 'vision.'

A friend of mine said she thinks it was a ghost. We ended up looking up the history of the house I was renting at the time, and it was built around the time period that I had thought she looked like she was from. But I hadn't know that before this happened.

So, do you? Why? And what do you think of my strange vision. :p

4. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

My mind is in between - believing and not believing. But I have to admit that I am scared, hahahaaah. I had already posted that we sleep with the bedroom lights on but it's for another reason. However, if I would be alone in the bedroom then I don't think I could sleep without the lights. Honestly, I haven't seen a ghost yet but we have several encounters with the issue. I'm actually writing an article about the mysterious apartment that we rented before. And I would stop at that so as not to preempt my story.

There are mysteries in life that cannot be explained. And maybe ghost is one of them.

5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

I do believe in ghosts. I'd rather not meet one though.:D I watch Kim Russo's The Haunting of and Dead Files with Amy Allen. I wear Saint Michael and Saint Anthony pendants too for protection from the dead and living. I went through once a strange incident. I was vacuuming and had the television on. Suddenly the television went silent. I stopped vacuuming, checked the television and it was off. I checked the plug and it was plugged in, so the tv shouldn't turn off. I went to the tv inspecting it and it was indeed turned off all by itself or was it a ghostly visitor? Well I turned the tv on again went back to cleaning and prayed a little to put to rest whoever it was.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  6. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

@Diana Kristof
    I believe that what you have seen is the 'Stone tape theory' which I believe to be very true
    Buildings hold memories and seeing visions of past lives is part of that, its like a tape recording being played back of a time
    long ago or recent. That's why visions people see are the same recurring vision
    As for spirits, such as loved ones appearing - yes - I believe in them, I think they return in many ways to reassure
    could be a scent of them, an item moved or an actual sighting
    :)

Diana Kristof likes this.
  7. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

If you are taking a poll,my vote is "No".:rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

Diana Kristof likes this.
  8. Diana Kristof

Registered

@Patsy Faye I had never heard of the Stone Tape Theory. Thank you for offering that bit of information. I am going to look that up. I had wondered if it was someone who maybe lived in that house around 100 years ago. It's truly a fascinating concept. I've never been much for ghost stories, but when you experience something like that, you do start to wonder.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  9. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The Bible mentions ghosts, and there are a lot of people who have said that they saw one, and some are people with good credibility.
    One theory is from the multiple unverse concept, and that we are seeing into another duplicate universe somehow , but maybe into another time period.
    I personally have never seen anything that I thought might have been a ghost; but many years ago my ex-husband had a strange eperience.
    He was doing drugs at that time period in his life, and as he was getting ready to inject the drugs, someone tapped him on the shoulder. Startled, since he was in the house alone, he stopped what he was doing, and then a voice said to him , "Don't do that, son".
    He said he was afraid to look and see who was there; but he thought it might have been my dad, since my folks lived nearby at the time.
    When he told us about the experience and asked my dad if it was him, my dad said that it was not. Whether it was a ghost, or maybe an angel, we never found out, nor did it happen to him again.

Ken Anderson and Diana Kristof like this.
  10. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

11. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Diana Kristof - makes absolute sense to me
    Over here, we have had 'so many' sightings of a young woman walking over the brow of a hill, its not uncommon
    for motorists to see her
    She was knocked down and killed many years ago - its just a replay of that event

Yvonne Smith and Diana Kristof like this.
  12. Diana Kristof

Registered

@Patsy Faye I have heard stories like that too about certain areas. I remember hearing a lot about ghosts when I was visiting Ireland. There is even a castle there that you can stay in--it's converted into a hotel--and they are known as one of the most haunted castles in the country. It was not part of my itinerary at the time, but if I ever go back, I think it would make a fascinating place to stay.

I couldn't remember the name, but just googled it, and it is called Ballygally Castle Hotel. (What a name!)

@Yvonne Smith That is eerie, and yet it seems like the kind of thing a ghost might do! I know if I were a ghost I'd probably try to come back and fix a few problems, or offer advice. It was before he injected himself, too, so that seems to indicate he was pretty sober at the time.

Anyway, now I really am off to bed.

Yvonne Smith and Patsy Faye like this.
  13. Patsy Faye

Registered

Ballygally - smashing name :D

14. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

There are scores I have to settle, so I plan to become a ghost one day.
    th (15).jpe

15. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Ike Willis
    Ha ha - I can see you having a lot of fun :p

[​IMG]

Ike Willis likes this.