Disinformation Scheme Targeting The U S

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Nancy Hart, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

@Lulu Moppet , I made a claim or expressed an opinion. You countered ridiculing my opinion. I posted an example and invited you to do the same since you were claiming that the rhetoric was equal on both sides. You didn't do so. I took from that that you couldn't find the equivalent to prove your point. I was just looking for good discussion, but I don't deal well with internet bullies who try to make fun of people to suppress the expression of ideas just because they disagree with them. I support Trump trying to fulfill his campaign promises, but I disagree strongly with his addressing personnel issues on a public forum like twitter. Anyone who has ever been any kind of manager knows you simply don't do that. Executive Sessions are for that purpose and are even allowed in locations where Open Meeting Laws are the rule.

Bobby Cole and Tom Galty like this.
  2. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

It was never my intent to ridicule you or make fun of you personally Don. My intent was merely to take your exact words to show how interchangeable that type of language is. It wasn't a dodge not to find quotes by King & Gohmert, I just didn't feel like depressing myself. In your eyes, I dropped the ball and I can't blame you for your reaction.

I am new here, so this is only an impression: I get the feeling that this forum generally attracts folks who agree with each other politically. There might be very little pushback. Democrats, etc. are Demoncrats, as a good friend of mine from the right calls me (with affection, if you can believe that!) and that is just generally accepted as proper to say. I don't know the history of this site, that is only my impression.

Maybe I'll try to bite the bullet and seek out those quotes. Not today. Today, as yesterday, I'll be spending with my little grandson, at least that is the plan.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Well said!
    Even if the majority here slants more to the right, educated opposition is a good thing and judging from the number of likes versus posts that you have acquired, quite a few folks here agree with me.

4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

You are right @Lulu Moppet ....this forum does slant more to the right, at least that was the case a couple years ago.

But we’ve gotten a few new members that are more liberal which is good.

It does get boring when everyone agrees.

I’m kind of right in the middle so I do like hearing both sides.

I’ll never agree with far right or far left though and most forums tend to be one way or another.

5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

As the administrator, my desire is for this to be neither a right- or a left-leaning forum but simply one in which people can discuss whatever interests them, politics being a small part of it. Of course, I'm not going to turn people away just because they are conservative, any more than I would because they were liberal.