Different Training Words

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Micki Pembroke, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Micki Pembroke

Micki Pembroke Veteran Member
    Registered

Back to my Corgi girl again. Micki, her sister and her brothers were not trained on the usual, go pee, go poo....the words used were....little chores, big chores....i'm sure you can guess which one is for which jobs. Then praised words were ...good job, but don't say good job too soon, good job means treats, said too soon means maybe the chores aren't all done....lol. To this day, that's what i use with her, my other two respond to pee and poo like we're used to. How many of us get treats to go pee and poo.

Bess Barber likes this.
  2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Ha ha - you are funny and that's good, very good - I need funny :p

Micki Pembroke likes this.
  3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

We lost our little dog 2 years ago and I am still broken hearted. That said, his "potty alert word" was "hurry up." HAHA I'd open the back door and tell him to "hurry up!!" Worked like a charm.

4. Micki Pembroke

Registered

Never gets any easier losing our pets, family members, that's who they are. I have ashes of three past, not wanting to do it again, they're supposed to live forever. This might seem odd to some...all my little loved ones ashes in their memory jars are to be buried with me. I have this request in writing, so no mistakes.

Beth Gallagher and Von Jones like this.
  5. Micki Pembroke

Registered

Kinda lost track of the training commands on this last reply of our precious departed ones, of all the dogs i was lucky enough to have, my Corgi, Micki, has been the only one with some of the out of ordinary commands, she's a good test of my knowledge....lol.

6. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Harry was my little heart; I miss him every single day. We brought him home and buried him in our back yard, in a box with his favorite toys and blanket. I can see his grave from my kitchen window. People keep urging us to get another dog, but I don't want "a" dog; I want "my" dog.