Difference Between Oxycontin And Oxycodone

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Steve North, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

I was just wondering if there is a difference between the pills called
    Oxycontin and Oxycodone

I am taking a pain killer pill for my shoulder which has Oxycodone in it and it seems to work pretty well for about 4 or so hours.. I take 10mgs of the stuff in every pill, and I only take one pill at present, but will be increasing to 2 pills if the pain gets worse, and one pill just won't help me..

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

It is still an opiate but may be combined with ibuprofen or Tylenol in some formulations. A number of prescription pain relievers including Percocet, Percodan, Tylox and OxyContin all contain oxycodone. However, oxycodone is the only ingredient in the stronger version of the drug: OxyContin.

3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

OxyContin is a brand name for oxycodone. For pain relief for my hip replacement, right and left should rotator cuff surgeries, I had prescriptions for Oxycodone, Percocet and Tramadol. Surgeon's weaned me off of all three by taking ibuprofen. I'm back on 50mg Tramadol temporarily for my left shoulder achy pain. It works excellent for me and I don't take it every day. Days I don't take it, I take ibuprofen.