Did You Make The Right Decision To Live Where You Are - Any Regrets?

Discussion in 'Places I Have Lived' started by Lon Tanner, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Susan Paynter

Susan Paynter Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I was not trying to caution you in any way. I mentioned it due to the fact that I was about to make a life changing decision in Nov when I got immobilized at the time.. All my plans were shelved!!

John Brunner likes this.
  2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I probably should not have used the word "admonition." But it was a needed reminder for me to not let things slide as I have been...to make hay while the sun shines. 'Cause you never know.

3. Susan Paynter

Susan Paynter Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Oh yes, we sure gotta do that. Make hay while the sun shines, and it is today!

John Brunner likes this.
  4. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

We have been on our property since 1992, and it has served us well. It was a great place to raise a family, and we had a dog team and livestock of many kinds. Now there are just the two of us, but 3 sons live in the area with their families. Winters are long, cold and snowy, but the summers are absolutely fabulous. Almost every evening in the summer, we sit in our swing on the patio over looking the little lake and sip our wine. When we moved here, we were pretty much alone out here, but progress even reaches Alaska, and things are building up and more people are moving out here. We have thought of moving away from the winter, but I am reluctant to leave our little piece of paradise, and we have friends who have a house in Hawaii where we can visit whenever we wish.

Faye Fox, Bill Boggs and Nancy Hart like this.
  5. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I almost fell out of my chair when I saw Don Alaska's post today. Had to check some dates before I could believe it was current.

6. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

After retiring in 1998, we moved to Southern California's High Mojave Desert, but I could have moved to Arizona, because it seems there are more freedoms and a lower cost of living in the Grand Canyon State.

Harold

7. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

I live in a third world country and it was my choice. This is my little chunk of paradise.

Faye Fox, Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.