Did You Go To Church Today Or Watch A Service On Tv?

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Lon Tanner, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

Nevah!

Harold

2. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I did not but all of my family of 12 are attending the same church. My grandson Aaron handles all the electronic audio visual equipment.

3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

I will tell you the same thing Beth told me about a thread that I had already done, but had started another on the same topic. You do have another thread of the same topic. Beth told me to do a topic search in "Search" before starting a new thread.

Beth Gallagher and Yvonne Smith like this.
  4. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

This is another Sunday and a new question. Has nothing to do with a prior post.

5. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Not a prior post, but another thread/topic you done and..........looks like they did emerge your newest thread (topic) with this older one. This thread is from March 7, 2021.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  6. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

No, I watched part of a ball game and read. Finished a book I’ve been reading.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  7. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

It's an aside but my church which I attend on Youtube, because of my caregiver duties, does not wear masks and each week the pastor asks everyone to remember that you don't get safety bu giving up you freedoms. He also asks that each remember and respect different opinions.

8. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Seriously??? May I ask the denomination? And if you could share the YouTube link, I would appreciate it (but I understand if you'd rather not.)

The United Methodist Church shut down for a long while, then we started again but had to put our masks on even before exiting our vehicles in the parking lot. I helped sanitize the place when were were given permission to start services again, and there had not been a human in the place for over 6 months!!! We were permitted no Bibles and no hymnals in the sanctuary and could not sing. Then we were given permission to sing outside but had to keep our masks on. I asked if they thought God was proud of what His children were doing with the brains He gave us.

These days you can worship and sing while unmasked if you are vaccinated...all others are masked lepers. During one homily, our pastor prayed "God bless the vaccinated." (He's not really a Kool Aid drinker, he's just afraid.) I now stay home on Sundays, still trying to find an unmasked service on TV. All the local services have bent their knees.

And I'm not certain I agree that this is off-topic. The government shuts down the churches and then the parishioners have to wear the mask of government obedience in order to worship God. This fits in quite nicely with dystopian novels.

9. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

Baptist part of SBC this weeks

John Brunner likes this.
  10. John Brunner

Thanks, Al.

See you Sunday!

11. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I subscribed to an audio DVD from a Mennonite church that I never attended, in a town that I have never been to, because I liked the preaching. They wanted a "donation" of $25, I think, which I paid, not knowing that it would be good for only a few DVDs. I think they sent three or four of them, and that was that.

12. John Brunner

I've attended Christmas services a few times at a Moravian Church (formerly Unitas Fratum, or Fraternity of Brothers.) The [Protestant] denomination dates back to the 1400s, roughly 1,000,0000 adherents worldwide with only 40,000 in North America. They were really wonderful services. I never attended a regular Sunday service.

Don Alaska and Ken Anderson like this.
  13. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

I would go if it weren’t for the covid thing. I could use a good talkin’ to especially during the Thanksgiving and Christmas season. There were a few drive up services here early in the pandemic where you stay in your car and tune your radio to the audio of the service.

John Brunner likes this.
  14. John Brunner

We had the same thing here...mostly the Baptist churches. I guess they all stopped the drive-in stuff when they reopened their doors.