Did You Ever Imagine a Phone Could Change Your Life?

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Kevin Matthew, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Fran Jensen

Fran Jensen New Member
    Registered

Ken, I know this doesn't have anything to do with cellphones, but I have a story about last words, also. When there was a funeral in the family many years ago, I and my little entourage stayed with my brother for a few days. Sitting around, drinking coffee, conversation came up about the internet, and my sister in law let me know their computer was on the fritz for some reason. I took it back with me and told her I would fix it and ship it back.
    When I discovered that they'd had no surge protection or UPS backup, I was disheartened and sure enough, the motherboard was so close to being fried beyond repair. My sister in law cried and asked me please to try to save the phone messages for me. She had been using her computer as an answering machine. I did it and sent the recording to her.
    Now she has her son's voice the day before he died. He had said love you and goodbye.

2. Teresita Campaner

Teresita Campaner Active Member
    Registered

I know cell phones are very important for communication especially to our families but there was a time when i feel some fear every time my cell phone rings. That time was when my youngest son was working in the Middle East and he calls me because he was sick and in a feverish voice he asked me to pray for healing.

3. Denise Richardson

Registered

I know this thread is a little bit old but do you still have the T-Mobile Pay As You Go plan? If so, how do you like it? I am considering it and would like to hear from people that use it.

4. Von Jones

Von Jones Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

@Denise Richardson, hi and welcome to SOC. I do still have the prepaid plan and still with T-Mobile. I use my phone for emergency calls and when I'm out of town so I don't buy a lot of minutes and not very often. $30 is the most I've spent on minutes and only because I was at a workshop in another city for a few days. I remember that after first purchasing so many minutes additional minutes are added at no extra cost. Also I have 12 months from the date of purchase to use minutes up. Pay as you go doesn't include data so I don't send anything over the internet but I do use my Wi-Fi at home with the android phone my son gave me.

I have been with T-Mobile nearly 20 years and I have not found any other plan like it. There is no contract and I paid for my initial phone outright. It was a regular cell phone that I could afford at the time. It's a great plan and great for keeping within your budget.

5. Denise Richardson

Registered

It sounds like this is the phone and plan I need since I only want it to use when my land line doesn't work! Thank you for this information and the kind welcome!!!!

Von Jones likes this.
  6. Arlene Richards

Arlene Richards Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

@Denise Richardson I suggest you also look into Consumer Cellular. Very low rates, data included, no contracts.

Denise Richardson and Von Jones like this.
  7. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

When I was in grade school, our home was one of the lucky few who have phones which were a rare appliance or gadget in the 1960s up to the early 1990s. Some days there was a long line of people to use our phone mostly friends of my father which calls are related to horse racing. Our phone was a social connection, a lifeline and many other uses not only for our family but for countless of people. During the Christmas season we were always flooded with gifts from those users of our phone.

For me, I was privileged with the convenience of connecting to classmates especially when there is a typhoon or a big issue in school. It was great to have a landline during that era.

With the emergence of the cell phone, it is a game changer. Who could survive without a phone now? Raise your hand.

Von Jones likes this.
  8. Denise Richardson

Registered

Thank you, Arlene! I will definitely check it out!