Did You Change Your Rx Plan For 2020?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Lon Tanner, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I will be keeping the same plan with no change. I see no reason to change. Information that was mailed to all seniors under Medicare was very confusing.

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

We had to renew our plan, due to moving. Our plan cost each of us $58.70 per month. All of my meds come from the VA. We have to pay a co-pay due to making too much money. My wife only gets one med from our plan. Actually, I haven't used my plan for a year, but still have to pay the monthly premium.

3. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes I changed my Rx from 64/month to 0/month by taking a Medicare Advantage plan.
    Since I also got rid of a Medigap policy I saving about $300/month

Frank Sanoica and Yvonne Smith like this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We have a Medicare Advantage Plan also, through Humana, or at least mine is with Humana, and Bobby changed his to United Health Care this year. Both of them are 0/month plans, and basically offer about the same options and benefits. We order our vitamins and other OTC items through their OTC benefit, and it also pays for our Silver Sneakers memberships.

The reason that we have different providers is strange, but how it works for some reason.
    Both companies pay for Silver Sneakers, but our fitness center has two parts, one is the water fitness and aerobics, and the other part is the exercise equipment .
    The Humana plan covers the pool part of the membership, and the UHC plan pays for the exercise equipment part of the plan. No idea why that is, but since I swim, I keep the Humana one, and since Bobby works out with the exercise equipment, he has the UHC plan.

Our insurance agent is a great guy and he goes over all of the new plans each year, and then lets us know if he thinks that there is a better one for us than the plan that we already have, so we don’t have to try and figure that out ourselves and wade through all of the Medicare stuff.

5. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

Since I get good checkups twice a year, I'm not changing anything!

I get 2 Prescription Meds: One for Hypertension and one for Gout; 90 pills, one pill per day for each..

Cost per 90-day refill for both meds...about 2-1/2 bucks, or 10 bucks a year from CVS Pharmacy.

Hal

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
  6. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

Can I qualify for Silver Sneakers?

HA

7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

You would need to check with your Medicare insurance person, if you have a Medicare Advantage Plan, and maybe with Medicare itself if you just have the original Medicare.
    Your Medicare plan book might tell you this information, too. Our Medicare Advantage tells us about all of the extra benefits that come with the plan.

Some plans cover Silver Sneakers, some plans cover a similar plan called Silver and Fit, and they usually will work for the same fitness centers. You would also need to check and see which included fitness centers are close to where you live. If there is more than one, then you can choose the fitness center that best meets your needs and requirements.

Here is a link for the Silver Sneakers website, and you can find out from there whether your plan qualifies for this program or not, and what is the closest fitness center near you.

https://tools.silversneakers.com/

8. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I changed mine. I had Humana. They moved my Aliskiren blood pressure medicine from tier 2 to tier 3. It's generic for Tekturna so It should have gone down instead of up. I switched to Mutual of Omaha. After I meet my deductible (which I already have) it's supposed to be $14 a month.