Did Our Government Steal Our Social Security Interest

Discussion in 'Conspiracies & Paranormal' started by Babs Hunt, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Do you think the Government will ever pay back those IOU's?

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

No, but they'll keep printing money to pay the Social Security checks as long as older people vote. The threats have two purposes. One is to get us to vote one way or another, depending on whether you believe that the Democrats are going to bankrupt the Social Security system or that the Republicans are going to cut it. The second is that they would like to frighten us enough so that we agree to cuts, because that's more that they can spend on other things.

Denise Evans, Lara Moss and Babs Hunt like this.
  3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I think if they try to cut our SS benefits...civil war will be declared by all of us Oldsters! :D

Denise Evans and Lara Moss like this.
  4. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Ditto Yvonne,

I don't think times have changed much. The rich have always gotten richer off the poor. I'm not talking about good and kind folks that have more money than I do. They worked for it, or maybe inherited some, I'm just saying they are not the "rich" I am talking about. I am talking about those that actually are robbing humanity to line their own greedy pockets. Many of them don't give a hoot about people, or anyone but themselves. Let alone care about older seniors that worked for their social security.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  5. Denise Evans

Registered

I agree Ken, mind-games, they are their fave techniques, or mind-manipulation. As I type this, it's hard to say who exactly "they" are, but I know "they" are pulling the strings, lol!

6. Ken Anderson

I don't know who they are either, but I hate every one of them.

Denise Evans likes this.
  7. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

How many people paid into the system and never lived to collect it. Where did that money go? This is never discussed at the amount of people who die before retirement. They probably think if you die early than that is their money. Like a lottery ticket not claimed.

Denise Evans likes this.
  8. Denise Evans

Registered

metoo Ken, I hope they get theirs, lol, and I'm sure if there's a hell, I'll be going there for hoping that:( But something tells me that hell is right here. Sorry to sound so negative, but I've been trying so hard to keep my head above water in this world, and tonight I have some damn, nagging ache in my chest. Probably gas. I sure hope so, LOL!

9. Denise Evans

Registered

This I wouldn't doubt for a second. They sure aren't (there's that "they" again, lol) going to distribute it to their relatives. I've never heard of that right?

10. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

The money from the people who died without ever collecting it stays in the Fund...unless there is a widow it goes to, it also will go to the children of the deceased if they are under the age of either 16 or 18 and still in school...regular school not college. If there is no family it goes to then it is just recycled back into the Fund and used for others who will collect SS.

11. Sifu Phil Bonifonte

Sifu Phil Bonifonte Veteran Member
    Registered

But isn't that printed money basically useless? What backs it? It used to be gold - not anymore.

No matter what they lullaby us with about the economy, all you have to do is look around and see the tattered remains of the once-proud workforce. Prices keep going up (with a few temporary, manipulated exceptions such as gasoline) and the 9-to-5ers aren't seeing any spectacular raises. SS recipients don't see a COL increase.

Yet the Monopoly money that they print pours into the system ...

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  12. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Speaking of the "tattered remains of the workforce" ( a well-put statement, @Sifu Phil Bonifonte ); I was just reading this morning that if Bernie Sanders gets elected, he plans on eliminating the need for truck drivers. He says no more trucks on the roads !
    This is certainly not going to sit well with all of the truck drivers in America, nore their families.
    Besides, how dies he think it will even work to send everything by train, they would still need a ways to get through the city and to all of the stores.
    Amazon may be perfecting the drone idea; but they don't carry that much weight in their deliveries.

http://www.livetrucking.com/bernie-sander-says-hell-take-semis-off-the-road-if-elected/

13. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I bet that decision was made after they "borrowed" all our interest! When they realized how much it was they were going to have to pay back...they also decided they better find a way around that. And since they haven't paid anything back...I guess they did!

14. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

15. Ken Anderson

Nominally, there is a fund. But since dip into it without repaying what they've taken, with the interest that would have accumulated had it been left in the fund, there is no fund in reality.

Diane Lane likes this.