Did He Say It Or Not?

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

There were six people in the room with him during the meeting in which he is alleged to have said this, and two of them have said they didn't hear him use those words. Only one has said that he did. Don't count Jeff Flake because he wasn't there.

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Sorry I put my answer in your quote but don't feel like fixing it...just put a line. :)

3. Ken Anderson

No. Of those who were in the room, only Dick Durbin. Never-Trumper, Jeff Flake, is saying that he did say it, and talking to the media about it, but Jeff Flake wasn't there. He's saying that other people in the room told him that he had said it.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  4. Ken Anderson

My guess is that he probably said something inappropriate but that it was likely exaggerated by Durbin or taken out of context. For example, someone else - perhaps even Dick Durbin - might have said something about the s-holes some of these people are coming from, and Trump might have asked why we're only bringing in people from s-hole countries. People tend to speak differently to a small group of people than when they are on camera, or speaking to a large audience, so I don't see a reason for outrage.

Dick Durbin talks about this kind of talk harming our relationships with other countries. Well, if he hadn't felt the need to run to the television cameras, there wouldn't be any harm, so we can know he isn't concerned about that.

Shirley Martin and Chrissy Cross like this.
  5. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Yep...I agree.

So much time is also being wasted on this. It's not the worst thing ever said because everyone thinks it anyway.

Look at all the things Biden has said or Prince Phillip. :)

Also, it's not the people in these countries but usually the government that makes them such.

The Romanians I know are some of the nicest, kindest people Ive met.

They treated me like a part of their family and always made a big deal of me coming to visit and I bet they spent their monthly food allowance on a meal for me. It's true.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  6. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Why are we still bringing in people from those shithole countries? Did someone die and leave us responsible for the health, happiness and well being of the entire population of the Earth?

Chrissy Cross likes this.