Did He Say It Or Not?

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Did Mr. President Trump call certain nations "sh**holes"? It's all over the news that he did yesterday. Two countries that he "supposedly" said that about was Africa and Haiti. Political figures in both countries are going nuts over what he "supposedly" said.

He definitely being called a "racist among other names now. Does he really want to be impeached??

He is now saying that he didn't say that word, but does have the same feelings about immigration from those countries.

Here we go again!

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't know if he said it or not but I doubt that will get him impeached.

I do know that I wouldn't want to live in Haiti.

Certain countries are ****holes....doesn't mean I don't like the people ...just wouldn't want to live there because of the poor conditions...

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  3. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

He is talking about those that come to America, but never become citizens. I've always wonder about that myself.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I have no idea why some won't become citizens if they are able to do so.

I can understand ones from countries like England who don't want to give up their citizenship.

I'm a duel citizen...I never lost my Argentine citizenship.

5. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Yeah, he did.

6. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Heard him say it

7. Harry Havens

Harry Havens Veteran Member
    Registered

Imply/infer and diplomatic speech.
    If he had questioned the need to allow people from countries with broken and corrupt governments, where rampant poverty and crime is a daily part of life, without saying $4*%hole countries, we would infer that is what he was implying... but would change the dynamics of the conversation, imo.

8. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Are we saying, after he said he didn't use that exact word yesterday, he LIED??? Can outright lying get a President impeached? Is his mouth getting him in trouble again??

9. Patsy Faye

Registered

True !

10. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Still, the question remains, WHY haven't these people become citizens of the U.S.??? Why are there so many people here from Mexico that don't ever become citizens??

Personally, I think he has a valid gripe. Thing is, the people that voted for him wanted a President who would "get things done", so why isn't America letting him.

11. Patsy Faye

Registered

Valid gripe or not - would be nice if he thought before speaking, why antagonise people .......

Ken Anderson and Chrissy Cross like this.
  12. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Take a look at the Wikipedia pages for the countries he was talking about. I just finished writing descriptions for all of the countries in Africa, and there are many of them that would fit that description. After achieving independence from Europe, they have been involved in one military coup after another, with periods of genocide, extremely high crime rates, political corruption like we've never seen, and slavery is very much still in play. Some of these countries have HIV/AIDS rate approaching 50% of the population. In some of them, girls are discouraged from attending school, homosexuality is a death-penalty offense, as is choosing the wrong religion. In some of those countries, atheism is a crime that carries the penalty of death. It wouldn't matter if their skin were orange or blue, that definition would fit. That doesn't mean that everyone who lives in these countries is s... but it does describe the countries. I don't know about the other countries he referred to, but I don't know that s-h countries are necessarily restricted to Africa. Trump says what is on his mind. Sometimes I wish he wouldn't say everything he thinks, but I rarely find that he's wrong about what he said.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  13. Ken Anderson

There is also the possibility that the media and the Dems are making something up, or taking it out of context. I haven't seen any video of him saying it.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  14. Ken Anderson

If Hillary had spent even half the money she collected for Haiti, maybe it wouldn't be such a s-h. Instead, she collected to aid Haiti but spent it on herself and her campaign.

Frank Sanoica and Bobby Cole like this.
  15. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Isn't that what most voters wanted. "The brave and outspoken". I sure don't hear about anyone in his staff telling him to "cool it" about his remarks. And, if they did, he'd just fire them, like he done on his tv show.:D

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018