Dictatorship

Discussion in 'History & Geography' started by Martin Alonzo, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Every time the US government wants to discredit another country government they call the president [or whomever] a dictator and this is supposes to discredit the other person. Like calling President Putin a dictator when he we elected and has probably the highest liking of his people. Or Syrian president Bashar Hafez al-Assad who was also elected and has the backing of the people.
    On the other hand some of the most stable and best governments were dictatorships for example Libya who had the highest standard of living in Africa free medical, free education, no interest loads from the bank, and the government help with homes for newlyweds also paid for half of your new car. If what you wanted the government could not supply [health & education] they sent you out of the country. It is funny you never heard that when they were bombing them. Countries Like Iraq had no problem until some on started a lie saying they had weapons of mass destruction then they needed to kill them all.
    I live in the Dominican Republic where there was a dictator Rafael Trujillo he was in power for 30 years
    Trujillo's rule brought the country a great deal of stability and prosperity throughout his 30-year reign.
    He was very brutal to people who broke the law and also very hard on illegal immigration if you read the history he was made out as very bad guy. If you speak with the people who lived here during his reign you get a different story. I have talked to many people that wish he was back he took land from the rich and gave the rights to poor people to farm, most of all the infrastructure is from the time he was in power roads, bridges, electricity and water supply. Most of these are slowly falling apart. I talk to a man in Puerto Plata on day that had a store in that era and said if you dropped your wallet in the street you could go back the next day and pick it up that is how safe it was.

Yvonne Smith and Frank Sanoica like this.
  2. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Martin Alonzo

The Shah of Iran comes to mind. He was assailed by many countries around the world as a brutal, vicious ruler. Stories emerged told by those who escaped the country, of "visits" made to families by the Shah's secret police, the "Savak" I think they were called. Such visits were intended to maintain constant fear within the population. Often, it was said, one of the family's children would be seized and taken away, never to be seen again.

OTOH, the history books mainly paint a picture of modernization within Iran under the Shah's reign, improvements made in education and other economic improvements made country-wide. Regardless of what is believed, or not, the fact remains that the U.S. was adequately warned, after the ailing Shah fled Iran, that harboring him or helping him in his illness would be dealt with most severely. Henry Kissinger, friendly with the Shah, arranged for him to be flown from Mexico City to New York, for medical treatment. It was said that one of the doctos, sworn to secrecy, spilled his "guts" to the Press. Soon, the Iran Hostage episode began, those people being detained for over 400 days.

Frank

Martin Alonzo likes this.
  3. Martin Alonzo

Registered

It is funny how history distorts the truth. One famous person said that history would be great if it was only true.

4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

And then there is the distortion of History by people who do not want us to know the truth.

5. Frank Sanoica

Registered

This happened to appear today:

"How Ayatollah Khomeini suckered Jimmy Carter"
    "New depths to Jimmy Carter’s fecklessness have emerged through the declassification of State Department cables relating to the fall of the Shah of Iran. As reported by the BBC, the Ayatollah Khomeini, in January 1979, secretly sought Carter’s assistance in overcoming opposition from Iran’s military, still loyal to the shah."
    From: http://nypost.com/2016/06/04/how-ayatollah-khomeini-suckered-jimmy-carter/

I have not read the entire article, but do recall the Ayatollah was responsible for making the threats, then taking the hostages.
    Frasnk

6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Another very interesting person , who was definitely put down as one of the "bad dictators" by the United States government, was Hugo Chavez. When he died, rumors abounded that we had secretly given hiim medication that caused the cancer that he died from.
    Even Chavez, before he died, inferred as much when he pointed out that five of the anti-globalist leaders in South America all were diagnosed with cancer at virtually the same time.
    Oliver Stone, the man who made the movie about the Kennedy assassination, also made a very interesting documentry about Hugo Chavez.
    It is free to watch on Youtube, and I am including the link to the documentary here for anyone who is interested in discovering more about the true history of this Venezuelan president.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  7. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Yvonne Smith

Years back, Chavez was stated by the Press as having labeled George Bush as being "The Devil". I have often wondered how
    "trumped-up" that report was.

8. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I think that we see this kind of thing happening all of the time. Regardless of what the actual facts are, the news media present to the American public the version of the story that the government (shadow government ?) wants us to hear.
    We are told who is the good guy and who is the bad guy that we must attack, and most people do not fact-check what they hear on their evening television news. Anyone who disagrees with the official story is immediately criticised or in some cases, silenced or suicided.

Here is a very interesting article about Hugo chavez helping out our Native American people when our own country did not step up and help them out. I remember that there was a lot of bad things said about Citgo, and people were boycotting that gas station; but yet, they were the ones who actually helped Americans when the need arose.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tim-giago/hugo-chavez-steps-up-for-_b_43630.html

9. Martin Alonzo

Registered

Every country that the US does not like their leader is called a Dictator which is a laugh. If you call a leader that makes laws that the government or the people did not approve. What would you call Obama with his executive orders I guess he is a dictator

Frank Sanoica and Yvonne Smith like this.
  10. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I think some of us will be alive to see a Dictator controlling America. :( I guess just like there were some good Kings, there are some Dictators that will be decent to their people too...but I really don't care to find this out for myself here in America.

11. Sandy Wood

Sandy Wood Veteran Member
    Registered

It seems that while we have always had deception in government and false reporting of events things have gotten worse in the last 10-20 years. as in remember when we got news from all over the United States, as in normal happenings in other people's lives. Now it seems we get a small tidbit of an happening but never hear anymore about it. The news runs with politics and war, riots and the weather, and we miss the good things that are happening in towns and cities, and faraway places. History books and the Bible's, are being changed so as not to hurt someone else's feelings and the newspapers print anything whether true or not, just for a story. It is a sad state of affairs and I hope things get turned around before we all fall off a cliff.

Ken Anderson and Martin Alonzo like this.
  12. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Sandy Wood

"Now it seems we get a small tidbit of an happening but never hear anymore about it."

Because we have lost reporters like the guy who always told "The rest of the story".
    Frank

Martin Alonzo and Sandy Wood like this.