Diary Of Foods & Exercise

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Denise Evans, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I keep track of some of my days foods, and exercises here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/profile_privacy

I've set it up so it's viewable even if you are not a member. If anyone wants to see what I eat like, and I think you'll even see my weight-loss ticker, you probably will gasp when you see how many calories I eat a day. I just did my diary today so I have my foods in, and my exercise I did.

It will be confusing to anyone that hasn't seen how the diary works, but it does "list" my foods, how many calories etc. Maybe someone will be interested. If it's anything I would like to prove to my friends, or anyone for that matter, is that "fad diets" etc., may take some weight off, but it will come back if you don't learn to eat what you need (fuel) and get into a non-sedentary lifestyle.

You don't have to dance for 30 minutes, or use weight-machines, or join a gym. I lost my weight before I started doing the previous, just by walking about 4 or 5 times a week. I ate from the 5 food-groups, but dropped white flour types of food.

Anyway, I'll be tracking pretty close for awhile because with all the activity I am doing now, I have to make sure to get enough proteins, as well as the other macros. I don't get into the micro-nutrients, because I think I am covering those already in what I eat.

Any questions, just feel free to ask me. I am no pro, at anything, or a doctor, but I know what has worked for me, and I feel great. I have a heart-condition, and have a pacemaker, I have Spasmodic Torticolus, I have some arthritis, and a few other issues. So I am not in perfect health. I've picked things I "can" do, I go at my own speed, and easy does it;) No injuries, and don't plan on getting any from trying to be Miss Olympus, LOL! denise

PS one more thing I forgot, those measurements of quantity of food are guess'timates. I am not hyper-perfectionist about that at all, so only ballpark;)

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I have to log in. I used to have a fitness pal acct but forgot my username and password.

Denise Evans likes this.
  3. Denise Evans

Registered

Hmm, I have the settings on "public". That means no login, but maybe I haven't got it right, I'll check;)

4. Denise Evans

Registered

It's set for everyone, and I saved it again. Also, there's that option, everyone, then myfitness members only, and friends only. So the everyone sounds like non-members to me?? I'll ask them tomorrow;)

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

Good luck in your dieting and healthy living! My doctor said to me when she told me to loose weight that it's mostly intake to bring down your weight...and it's working. I do cheat a bit like these past few days, but tonight I'm going to eat boiled soy beans and tuna salad added diced round onions with lettuce only. I've been eating and enjoying McDonald's cheeseburger with fires, mini plate of beef stroganoff and a corn beef sandwich...I'm not to eat meat in this diet for my doctor wants me to be eat more vegetables with fish and chicken. I love sausages and this is a no no for loosing weight.

Denise Evans likes this.
  6. Denise Evans

Registered

I agree with the doc on more vegies, fish and chicken. I try to have at least one, piece of fruit a day too. If we take in less calories than we burn a day, we will lose weight. That's why I keep a diary, it truly helps me stay on track. One reason I took up walking was because I can't handle eating the typical, low cal foods. I'm learning a lot about my Basic Metabollic Rate. That's how much a body burns without any exercise at all. Mine is so low, for example, it's 1183 calories. Or round it off to 1200. I found I could not stand eating that way, so I started "moving".

If I burn off 300 walking, that # I add to my 1200, so 1500 is what I burn that day. To lose weight, I need to have a deficit # so mine will run about 100 because I like to eat the 1400 calories. I'll then start losing weight. If I eat from the basic, 5 food-groups, I will strengthen my body, while burning fat-stores. It sounds simple, but the meal-planning can get hard. I don't buy any junk food, so that when I'm hungry, there is none in the cupboard or fridge. All I have is healthy stuff, so that's what I eat;)

I'll be pulling for you Kriss!! You can do it;) denise

7. Denise Evans

Registered

Yesterday, I danced for 30 minutes. I made a "playlist" of music I love to dance to, and used that. It was so fun, freestyle, and not following anyone else, or having to do it with a bunch of people. I was sweating about 5 minutes into it, and kept moving even the few seconds in between tunes. I felt so good when I was done, not all bored like I get on a treadmill etc. Some folks can do those things, I'm just not cut out to do them. And someone once told me to find exercise I enjoy doing, then I will "do it" and be more consistent;) It sure makes sense to me.

I read recently about a gal that adds up how many calories are burned from house-work, and yard-work, a lot of calories. Then I've read about women working, that have to be on their feet, they burn so many calories. I realized that there are so many forms of burning calories in our lives.

So anyway, then I went in and spent time using the weight-machines. I go during the part of the day that is least busy, so I never see many people at all, and the machines are always open for use. I'm so glad to see so many other seniors there. It's usually 5 seniors to 1 young person, and that's during hours young people tend "not" to go to the gym. One reason I joined a gym is I had no place I went on a regular basis, and I needed to get out of the apartment, not just to grocery shop. And when it's raining, I can't use the excuse I can't walk because it's pouring rain with the wind blowing;)

So I'll try and log today again, and if anyone does take a look at my foods & exercise diary, let me know if you are able to get there with the link I put up. Yesterday @Chrissy Page said she couldn't view it. I need to ask them (at MFP) if I'm doing something wrong on my settings there. There is an option to let the public (whether or not they are a member of MFP) view my diary.

ttyl, denise

PS for anyone that doesn't know this, I was 142 lbs, and I am now at 123. I did get down to 118 at one point, but got lazy after I moved here.

Bonnie Thomas and Chrissy Cross like this.
  8. Chrissy Cross

Registered

You are doing so well, Denise! I need to get back to my healthier ways, I've been slouching lately. :(

Denise Evans likes this.
  9. Denise Evans

Registered

Thanks @Chrissy Page, and I still slouch;) I'm glad it's encouraging you, and maybe others, to do more active things. I need encouragement too so don't hesitate to tell me what you are doing. Remember housework, or just anything you may do, shopping etc., those things are activities as well. I think having a dog again will be so positive, and I am on the look-out for a lil feller, or girly dog, that I can take for walks. I love walks, and I know there's a dog out there that would love to be loved;)

10. Denise Evans

Registered

Ok, shoot, MFP won't let anyone in to see my info, unless they are a member. They need to redo that statement because it made me think, as well as other friends there, that I could invite any non-member to see the dang diary, geesh, lol! Well, I can copy and paste I guess;) I think I will, and let you guys devour me with your critiques on what I am eating. Oh well, I think it would be fun, and who knows, maybe even Phil might show up to give me a bad time, LOL!!

hugs all, denise

11. Denise Evans

Registered

I am only putting in ball-park figures, I don't want to weigh everything, but I used to, so I know how much is basically a tbsp, tsp, how many ounces. Nothing is written in stone, but notice the red arrow indicate both total calories I've eaten, then the macros and some things like sodium and fiber, and measure in "grams of". @Terry Page might enjoy using his Math to get way more into this, it can be fun. But for me it is too stressful to shoot for perfection. Easy does it for me. In fact when I stopped trying to figure it all out, and just eat, and exercise, I am doing way better, 100% better;)

Please feel free to ask questions. I have learned some things that work pretty good for me, but I welcome others input. I am always open to being taught new things, new ways;) denise PS this is just my brekkie for today:)

diary 3_11_16.PNG

12. Bonnie Thomas

Bonnie Thomas Veteran Member
    Registered

Good luck Denise! You seem like a very energetic person to me anyway. Can't imagine you packing on the pounds. ... but like you said above, getting on your feet and dancing is so easy to do, and it lifts the spirit too.

I don't really watch what I eat anymore because I really don't eat much in a day.. but I love drinking tea, especially white tea. Many great things about it, and one is that I think it kills my appetite naturally.

http://www.whiteteaguide.com/whiteteahealthbenefits.htm

13. Denise Evans

Registered

Thanks Bonnie,

I like tea, once in awhile, although I drank a cup everyday when I first discovered a yummy one called Good Earth "Sweet and Spice" decaf. I don't need a sweetner, and it is all natural ingredients if I remember right. It's very cinnamon'y, lol;)

By the way, I was rarely active before this last July when I started walking regulary, which has led to me getting into a couple more things now;) What helps me get into the mode, is to eat a good brekkie, then shower, put on some clean cloths and all of a sudden, I am energetic, LOL! I'm also more energetic afternoons now because that's when I workout, and when I get home, I tie into any housework that needs to be done, wow, I am sleeping better too!

14. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

*Good luck too and thanks a lot for everything! We can do it!!!

Terry Page and Chrissy Cross like this.
  15. Chrissy Cross

Registered

@Bonnie Thomas , I've never heard of white tea, will look into it...sounds interesting.