About Your Clothes Style

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Janine Coral, Mar 21, 2023.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

In reg. to #2….gotta keep one for the church house for funerals and weddings. The dress code for our own demise is optional.

Janine Coral likes this.
  2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

If I wasn't planning on being cremated, I'd ask to be buried in my PJs. Who wants to be wearing a tie or pantyhose for all eternity.

3. John West

John West Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Cargo pants or jeans, cotton shirt and some old New Balance shoes. If riding, on go the boots, jacket (not leather) and helmet. I haven't been in a suit and tie in decades and don't plan to every put one one again.,

Janine Coral and Beth Gallagher like this.
  4. Leigh Petty

Leigh Petty Active Member
    Registered

During the winter, big baggy gray sweats with a sleeveless top and a brown sweater. Summer is capris, with same sleeveless tops but a vest with pockets - great for stashing candy, phone, etc. When I go out I have outfits that I have put together over the years...and ALL the outfits have been around for years. They're all comfortable. Only clothes I wear have to be comfortable.

5. Leigh Petty

Leigh Petty Active Member
    Registered

Hugs Beth.

6. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I still wear jeans and t-shirts mostly, and recently went through a full closest of clothing, weeded out what I don't wear, took it to St. Vincent DePaul. Most of it I shrunk out of, or were dresses, and the the dresses I don't where here even if I had a date (hahahahaha) because the winds never stop and I don't want my dress to blow up over my head. I guess girls are wearing shorts under theirs nowadays ;)

What I miss the most but why bother, are all my earrings, bracelets and rings I never bother to put on. Small town. I do shower and fix my hair every day, no makeup since my tremor is so bad I'll poke my eye out if I try :p

Faye Fox and Janine Coral like this.
  7. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

After I retired, I worked for 2 1/2 years at an indoor shooting range as a Range Safety Officer. Most of us wore cargo pants because they were practical cause we needed to have small tools, lights, etc. on us. I got used to them and Propper brand cargo pants are about all I wear now. I can carry, keys, coins, phone, wallet, pocket knife, glasses and never have anything on my belt or in my back pockets. I wear whatever shirts, Ts, sweats, pull over, button up, no real preference, just depends.

8. Denise Evans

Registered

I love cargo pants, thanks for the reminder Thomas, I'll see if I can find a pair or two ;)

Janine Coral and Thomas Windom like this.
  9. Krystal Shay

Krystal Shay Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I normally wear jeans or slacks, cotton shirts, sneakers or sandals in the Summer months, and ankle boots or warm shoes of some kind in the Winter months. I wear a little make-up almost every day, whether I leave the house or not, unless I am working outside in the heat, then no. No make-up. I wear some jewelry daily; smallish earrings, rings, and sometimes a necklace and bracelet if I am going to someplace nice. Oh, and I wear a little cat hair daily too. A lint brush is my friend.:p:D

10. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I wear a small pearl necklace; never take it off. Also can't go without my earrings... small gold hoops. I wear a Fitbit or Apple watch every day, too. I seldom wear rings or bracelets around the house, though.

Janine Coral and Denise Evans like this.
  11. Denise Evans

Registered

I know off topic but which do you prefer Beth, the Apple or the Fitbit? I want to get one at some point :)

I do love the idea of a Pearl necklace and earrings. Maybe I'll start wearing some earrings at least when I go out, I don't want my pierced ears to grow shut ;)

12. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I forgot that. I’ve never been much one for jewelry but I wear an Apple Watch all the time. Our house has a small but steep hill in back and I have tumbled on it more than once. My wife bought the watch for me because she wanted the fall detection for when I was working out back. I’ve gotten very use to it and it is an impressive device.

13. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I like them both, and for different reasons, Denise. If you want a "fitness device," the Fitbit is usually cheaper and has a better, more intuitive interface for tracking steps, workouts, heartrate, etc.

The Apple watch is more comprehensive (with features such as fall detection, etc.) and interfaces well with other Apple devices if you have an iPhone or iPad.

Both of them have similar features, such as the EKG app, notifications, etc. so it really depends on what you want to use the device for.

Janine Coral and Denise Evans like this.
  14. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Jeans and flannel shirts all the time anymore. You can tell if a guy is old if he wears a flannel shirt in the summer.

15. Denise Evans

Registered

Thanks Beth, it will be a Fitbit especially the price, and it also has the EKG. I don't have any other Apple devices so that's a biggies as well. I so appreciate the info, thanks much, Denise