Dancing With The Stars Fall 2016

Discussion in 'Movies & Entertainment' started by Diane Lane, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Obviously the show hasn't started yet, but I'm interested to see how the show treats Rick Perry. They were pretty merciless with Marla Maples last season, all because she was at one time married to Donald Trump. It's pretty obvious which way those in charge lean, politically speaking. I'm also interested to see whether the truth comes out about the Ryan Lochte situation. It will be good to see Cheryl Burke again. It looks to be an entertaining season.

2. Arlene Richards

Arlene Richards Veteran Member
    Registered

I think Laurie Hernandez, Marilu Henner & Vanilla Ice will do well.
    I didn't know who Terra Jole was; she's a dwarf on a reality show. Saw rehearsal clip. She's pretty good.

Lots of people unhappy about Ryan Lochte. Bad move imo.
    Rick Perry - really? :rolleyes::D
    Should Anthony Weiner polish his dancing shoes? :eek:

3. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

I was suprised about Rick Perry as well. Does he need the paycheck? Can the man even dance? Also, what about the little person? That is going to take some creative choreography.

4. Arlene Richards

Registered

btw Terra had a baby only 4 weeks ago.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
  5. Diane Lane

Registered

There are a lot on the show who don't have a dance background. I know Rick Perry has back issues, so It'll be interesting to see how that goes. Of course, they always have a few on there there aren't expected to last long. There are a lot unhappy with Ryan Lochte because they read the mainstream media. It appears that the story isn't exactly as has been stated, and hopefully some of that will come out either on the show, or in other ways. He did misspeak about the gun being up against his head, but a gun was held on them, and the gas station bathroom was not in the shape stated by the government there. I sure hope Weiner doesn't go on the show. He'd probably be spanking off behind the scenes, with all of the gorgeous young things on there. Being on the show will be a great way for Terra to lose that baby weight. I am interested to see how Vanilla Ice and Marilu Henner do, I think they'll probably last through mid season.

6. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Has Len Goodman left the US show, he will be retiring here after this series ..........

Diane Lane likes this.
  7. Diane Lane

Registered

He's on this season. I haven't heard mention of him retiring, but they've brought back Julianne Hough, and I think eventually, she will probably replace Len. I really enjoy him, though, so I hope he's on for a few more years.

I'm finally caught up to date on this season. I think the protesters were nasty. I'm tired of these people disrupting things and thinking their opinions are more important than everyone else's. I'm sure they probably only know what they read in the mainstream media, and I doubt they even have the full facts of the situation. I was happy about who went home this week. It's good to see Cheryl back on the dance floor this season.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  8. Patsy Faye

Registered

We are unable to see the US version - but I know Len does our show then hops over to the US to do your show
    He is retiring this year so will also retire over there after this series :)

Diane Lane likes this.
  9. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

We watch and there are a few really good dancers who have that "dancing type bod" that will help them out.

10. Diane Lane

Registered

I figured he would eventually retire, and he should be able to enjoy his time off, but I'll definitely miss him. I think he got married recently, and I'm sure he wants to spend time with his wife. Hopefully he'll still fill in occasionally, or at least make an appearance.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  11. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Diane Lane - Has he 'pickled his walnuts' over there yet :p
    Yes - he got married last year - I'm the female version of Len don't ye know :D

Diane Lane likes this.
  12. Arlene Richards

Registered

@Diane Lane
    In 2012 Len married his companion of 10 years....they are still married.

On another subject, I am so over Ryan Lochte and his drama. I wish they would stop talking about it and showing footage. Enough.:mad:

13. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Diane Lane - My my, don't time fly :p - could have sworn it was announced last year, 3 of us thought the same :confused:
    Maybe it was a hush hush affair at the time, not that it matters :)

14. Diane Lane

Registered

Wow, like @Patsy Faye, I thought he got married last year, but it could be that it was mentioned last year and so seemed like news to me.

@Arlene Richards I wish the protesters (there & elsewhere) would find less disruptive ways of showing their displeasure. Perhaps they could sit at home and gripe like the rest of us, rather than disrupting everyone else's experience...so rude.

15. Arlene Richards

Registered

@Diane Lane
    I have no problem with protests in general. Civil rights, voting rights, women's rights, corruption, politics, crime, etc. would not have changed if all people did was sit home and gripe, but that would be another topic/discussion. :)

Crashing a dance show to object to a contestant's participation is stupid. But at this stage the problem is with TPTB at the show. After the brief explanation by Tom the night it happened, they should have dropped the subject instead of continuing to bring it up again and again and again.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
    Diane Lane likes this.