Dallas Shooting: Racism Or Hate Crime

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Amie Ar, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

Is that right?! Well, I can't say I'm surprised (where it began) but I hadn't been aware. I just don't get it, @Ken Anderson ... trying to prove a life matters by killing. I don't have what it takes to comprehend it, I guess. Pawns, absolutely. That part I did know.... almost like a brainwashing maybe.

2. Mari North

Registered

Solution? Okay, here ya go. How 'bout the people rioting and killing learn that killing is not the way to earn respect and make people believe your life "matters"... good solution?

To me, this is like an abusive parent beating a child to a pulp while screaming that violence and hitting is wrong.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
    Sheldon Scott likes this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I was reading that there is a lot of support from several billionaires for the BLM organization, which seems to be the one pushing racial strife everywhere. I really believe that there IS an agenda, and that it is to create dissention between all of the races in this country.
    While it is probably true that there are police officers who are racist, that does not mean that they all are, or even that very many of them are. Most of us live and work in a mixed society, and would give our best effort to help somone who needed help, without even considering something as slight as the color of their skin.
    For a police officer, that is their job, every single day, just like the doctor and paramedics who rescue people.
    Google has given millions of dollars to support BLM, and I read that Facebook put out a black lives matter sign in front of their main office , but did it after white officers were shot by a black person.
    http://www.essence.com/2015/11/04/google-provide-235-million-funds-black-lives-matter-activism

image.jpeg

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  4. Arlene Richards

Arlene Richards Veteran Member
    Registered

Reminder: Dallas Police Chief David Brown is black, and so are a lot of police officers in Dallas and elsewhere.

5. Mari North

Registered

Yep, he sure is... and he's grieving today, too. Arlene, do you or do you not consider the shooter stating that he was specifically out to kill "white cops" reverse racism?

6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

You'll find some video on this page that might clarify one of the police shootings that prompted the Dallas protests. I have mentioned several times, in this forum, that I believe that the police are often far too quick to kill someone, and racial considerations are sometimes apparent. But that is not always the case, or even usually the case. In our current climate, I don't know that a white police officer is capable of doing his job anymore, and I'm afraid that's part of the agenda.

7. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

What ALL American's, no matter the race, really need to think about is: "What would I do, if I were in the officer/officers position when the incident happened? I know how I trained, at the Academy, for different situations, but how would I handle something during a REAL/LIVE situation?" IOW, folks, "when I know the person I'm dealing with hates law enforcement, and that's what I am, and calling me foul names, resisting arrest or doing anything but following my orders, just how "level-headed" can I really stay?"

Very good things to think about, don't you think?

8. Ken Anderson

Here's an interesting take on what could be an overall agenda that includes a plan for a summer of chaos and martial law.

Martin Alonzo and Yvonne Smith like this.
  9. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I see this constant pushing of an "agenda" and martial law without real facts as just dividing the country even more.

And it's working against them. As best that I can figure this out is they are anti government and are afraid their guns will be taken away so they make up all these weird scenarios.

I'm all for the right to bear arms but the thought of conspiracy theorists having guns is scarier than any martial law to me.

I was always afraid of the criminals that have guns but it's also a very scary thought to me that people who believe these things have guns too.

It's pointless to debunk the theories because they won't listen and rely on any site that any nut creates for info.

I hope I'm not banned for my views but I knew there were conspiracy theories out there but never gave them much
    Thought but when I'm seeing the majority on a forum believe them it's causing me doubts the first time in my life
    If maybe I'm in the wrong party.
    I'm not a Pollyanna and know govts have secrets and lie but all this illuminati, flat earth, crisis actors stuff is just over the top.

This agenda does as much harm as the agenda the CT talk about, if not more.

I do not want a world where these people are the ones with guns. It seems this seniors site has become a conspiracy theory site and there are plenty of those around.

This this all makes me so sad. How can I not fear someone with a gun that believes in a flat earth or
    The hundreds of other totally false ideas. Everything seems to be anti government. I feel that's what they want so they can live out a prepper life.

Even if it worked the scenario that they imagine won't work and would just destroy the country. They may have guns but they don't have military power and if it's not our military than I can see a rogue country taking advantage. You don't win in these Waco type incidents they never will.

Just remembered the term I was thinking of "militias".

I respect your right to have guns but I don't want it ending in this type of scenario.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  10. Mari North

Registered

I don't believe those theories, @Chrissy Page . I am 100% for constitutional right to bear arms. I am 100% for people being allowed to own guns. I waver on the concealed carry because I DETEST going out anywhere now and wondering who's going to have a meltdown and start shooting up WalMart.

Yesterday I was shopping and some dude was looking at the t-shirts and put his hand in his pocket and I realized again that anyone at any time could be hiding a weapon. I HATE that... it's affected lives of people like me, and not for the best.

And if you're banned for your personal views, this sure ain't America.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
    Chrissy Cross likes this.
  11. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

It just really scares Mari. Now anytime something happens, next thing you hear is crisis actors, red flag, agenda,

Honest to goodness, I knew there were people that didn't believe 911 and the moon landing but thought it was the fringe and never gave it much thought.

But when I hear Sandy Hook, these people scare me. Reptile people, chemtrails. It's not the theories that scare me, it's that people believe this and they have guns.

The conspiracy theorists are getting too paranoid so can you imagine a paranoid person with a concealed weapon?

Mari North likes this.
  12. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

I 100% agree with you on the Conceiled Weapon thing! That license is suppose to be for "self protection", NOT to be used b/c a person gets pi**ed off at someone/something, pulls out the gun and starts shooting.

13. Mari North

Registered

That's my main issue, and I detest it about myself... I *can* imagine. But that's not the problem. The problem is that I can also imagine sweet little old ladies buying bread and milk to be carrying. It's no way to live, wondering every time we go into a fast food joint for a burger which of the "neighbors" at nearby tables are packing.

I haven't heard anything about Sandy Hook... and I've heard conspiracy theories all my life and like you just rolled my eyes and wished people had something better to do. Every time someone "big" dies, they didn't really die... stuff like that. Poor Elvis wasn't allowed to die... or Amelia Earhart or Bruce Lee or JFK.

The 911 conspiracy trash bothers me most because it TOUCHED me. My best friend had a meeting at the Pentagon that morning. (Hadn't arrived yet, thank goodness!) and he SAW it happening. When they couldn't deny the video footage from the towers, then it was "the government was involved." I've even heard that the plane didn't actually cause the damage (at the Pentagon hit.) And then there's the Holocaust denial garbage.

I say people who come up with this stuff should use their time and energy to fix the racial divides that people like the commander in chief have been fueling for years. Fix it!

14. Ken Anderson

In the 1960s, only the underground newspapers were reporting that the CIA was training terrorists in Nicaragua. The official story was that this was just another nutty conspiracy theory. Twenty-five years later, the government admitted that the CIA had been training terrorists in Nicaragua. If you don't believe that there are conspiracies all around us, your head is in the sand. That's okay, as far as this forum is concerned, because I can understand that life is a lot simpler and easier if you simply believe what the government tells you. I get that.

Does this mean that all of the conspiracy theories are right? Of course not. Some of them are crazy, and many of them are contradictory, but that's what you get when the official sources and the media lie to us as often as tell the truth.

Martin Alonzo and Yvonne Smith like this.
  15. Mari North

Registered

I think that it's extremely sad that constitutional rights have to be weighed against the alarming increase of mental illnesses... but the problem exists, so hiding a head in the sand and not dealing with it isn't the wisest choice.