Daily Shaving Brainstorm

Discussion in 'Other Reminiscences' started by Frank Sanoica, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Today, Gyro Gearloose! As a kid, I was deeply interested in Disney Comics; I read each issue through many times over. Gearloose was an inventor appearing in them. Do you remember him?

[​IMG]

"Gyro Gearloose is a fictional character, an anthropomorphic chicken, created by Carl Barks for The Walt Disney Company. He is part of the Donald Duck universe, appearing in comic book stories as a friend of Donald Duck, Scrooge McDuck and anyone who is associated with them."

"Gyro is Duckburg's most famous inventor, even though his inventions don't always work the way he wants them to. His outrageous productivity is presented as a factor in the quality of his inventions; because he always comes up with new ideas, the fact that his inventions often lack an important feature, will often cause trouble for Scrooge or Donald who have bought the invention. He is known as being good-natured towards others. Gyro is often assisted by his Little Helper (or just "Helper"), who is a small anthropomorphic robot with a light bulb for a head."

Interesting story background: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyro_Gearloose

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I did read and liked Donald Duck comics but don't remember that guy.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Kinda….maybe.
    I didn't read a lot of comics when I was a kid. It seems as though I went from learning my ABC's to learning biology via those uh....magazines with the GREAT articles and uh...pictures of ladies with dubious social qualities.

Alas, I was once a rather curious type of lad and not prone to reading the comic books although I do understand that some are quite valuable..

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

No, I don't remember Gyro Gearloose.

5. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't remember Gyro either, @Frank Sanoica. Did you know Ratchet ?

"Ratchet Gearloose was Gyro's paternal grandfather. He knew Scrooge McDuck. First met him during his Mississippi riverboat days. They later met on the island of Krakatoa. Nothing was known about Ratchet since then but it is assumed that he wound up in Duckburg since his son Fulton Gearloose is one of the first three Junior Woodchucks." :confused: :D

[​IMG]

Frank Sanoica and Bobby Cole like this.
  6. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I never heard of any of them. :confused:

7. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Nancy Hart No, I actually was surprised when "Gyro" popped into my head. This sort of thing happens often, long-forgotten events, names, characters, people, something which I could not think of if I HAD to, just pops up!

Like the fact, for example, that when Ford introduced it's 1956 Lincoln Continental, my Dad marveled in the fact, he told me, that it had Stainless Steel exhaust pipes run within the confines of the box frame. My Dad hated the fact that mufflers and pipes rusted out regularly in our climate!
    Frank