Daily Bread

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Denise Evans, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Great verses, Abby, thanks for sharing them! They are just so readable!:D

Denise Evans likes this.
  2. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

You're welcome Joe;)

Here is today's with link to devotion after:

Luke 10:38-42The Message (MSG)
    Mary and Martha
    38-40 As they continued their travel, Jesus entered a village. A woman by the name of Martha welcomed him and made him feel quite at home. She had a sister, Mary, who sat before the Master, hanging on every word he said. But Martha was pulled away by all she had to do in the kitchen. Later, she stepped in, interrupting them. “Master, don’t you care that my sister has abandoned the kitchen to me? Tell her to lend me a hand.”

41-42 The Master said, “Martha, dear Martha, you’re fussing far too much and getting yourself worked up over nothing. One thing only is essential, and Mary has chosen it—it’s the main course, and won’t be taken from her.”

http://odb.org/?utm_source=SilverpopMailing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ODB 1122 03&utm_content=

Ike Willis and Joe Riley like this.
  3. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Mary and Martha were Lazarus's Sisters.I used to think there was a third Sister, and that "Laz" was the youngest., because the Bible says that he came forth/fourth!;)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
    Ike Willis likes this.
  4. Denise Evans

Registered

Geez Joe (slap slap)! It's "fourth" not forth, LOL!

Ike Willis and Joe Riley like this.
  5. Denise Evans

Registered

I haven't posted here in awhile, I've been doubting God again. I took a peek at today's Daily Bread though and it spoke to me. I do get depressed when I see all the "bad" news, or hear about it. I got scared a week or two ago when they were all talking about Obama letting Muslims in that were of military age. I don't know what is true and what isn't in this world, so lots of times I'm sure I panic for no reason, but this devotional makes some sense to me. There are things I cannot do anything about, so what can I do? Maybe this is the answer:

http://odb.org/?utm_source=SilverpopMailing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ODB 1204 03&utm_content=

6. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

I know your feeling. The news keeps getting more depressing. Every day I keep asking, Why hasn't Obama and his administration been arrested yet? Then, I think of all the times God has saved my butt from death or serious injury, and I feel better knowing God has my back.

7. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Nice to see you, Denise...I keep looking for you on here. Join in the fun, come around more often, I miss you!

Phil was on last week and you missed him! Lol.

Denise Evans likes this.
  8. Denise Evans

Registered

Exactly, same feelings here on Obama and his cohorts. I will try to remember that there is a God, and He does have our backs Ike, thank you for the reply, denise

Ike Willis likes this.
  9. Denise Evans

Registered

I'll try Chrissy, especially with the holidays, things get really hard. But who doesn't know that, and mourn some sort of loss, or the condition of this fallen world. hugs, denise

Ina I. Wonder and Joe Riley like this.
  10. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

image.jpg I know Denise, it's not always easy! Hugs to you too.

Denise Evans likes this.
  11. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

12. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

It's good to hear from you, Denise! I like Philippians 4:6-7, in the Message Bible:

6 "Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. 7 Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life".

Denise Evans and Ike Willis like this.
  13. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I grew up on the King James Bible but there's not been a bible in the house in something like forty years. I also grew up on the church music. It was lively, hopeful. I am not religious and I'm not real sure what we mean by spiritual. I haven't been in church in almost a half century, Yet when I retired with COPD I bought a harmonica to strengthen my diaphragm and expand my lungs. The first thing I learned to play after Red River Valley were those old church songs I grew up on. I play some of them every day. I'm not going anywhere with this so I'm going to hush up except except to say, l like the music.

14. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Harmonica medley of Gospel songs "I Need Thee Every Hour; My Jesus I Love Thee"

Ina I. Wonder and Bill Boggs like this.
  15. Denise Evans

Registered

Thanks Chrissy, never saw this!! Back atya;) denise