Cyberstalking Victim Has A Warning (cell Phone Related)

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Diane Lane, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm always on the lookout for stalking related information, and so this caught my eye. The woman's ex-husband installed a spyware application on her smart phone, and it copied every message, text, picture, location, etc. Here are three things to watch for.

Signs your phone is being tracked include:

• Being hot to the touch
      Losing battery power quickly
      Increased data usage
    Surprisingly, she hasn't reported the incident to the police. I hope that's not because she still harbors warm feelings towards him or thinks this means he loves her *sigh*.

http://abc13.com/technology/cyber-stalking-victim-has-warning-for-you/995610/

Lara Moss and Krissttina Isobe like this.
  2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:oops:It's so alarming what some people would do to others like cyber stalking. I don't understand why people do this at all. Isn't there supposed to be trust in relationships? It's sad when your own husband does this to you!

Diane Lane likes this.
  3. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, supposed to be trust in relationships, which is how these obsessive fools latch onto unsuspecting people. It's so easy to mistake signs or overlook them during the honeymoon phase of a relationship, and sometimes by the time you find out, it's too late.

4. Jenn Windey

Jenn Windey Supreme Member
    Registered

Articles like this make it sound so easy to prevent this sort of behavior. In truth it is not. If someone has it in their minds that they wanted to stalk you there are so many different things they could do that you just would not believe it. One of the easiest ways they got to you is thru your car. You have to be certain to always keep the doors locked. The GPS devices today are so small, not to mention the recording devices that can be used. There is no guarantee a mechanic would see some of these devices, they are truly that small and look like normal everyday things. You can do all sorts of preventive things, and that's a plus. but they still find ways to get to you.

5. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Being in the IT department, I believe that a spy app is possible. However, there are many conditions to be met before that spy app can be effective. First off is the password. You cannot just enter a phone without a password. Second is the connection. Both phones - the wife's and the husband's - should be working to effect the transfer. Third condition is the installation of the app in the host phone.

As with the symptoms, pardon me to say that it is hogwash. My phone is always hot whenever I would use it for more than 10 minutes. Being hot would drain the battery. So those symptoms do not point to the spyware.