Cutie & Ella

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Ken Anderson, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Greeter
    Moderator Registered

I fell asleep at my desk a little while ago and was awakened by a very soft touch on my cheek. When I realized that it wasn't a fly, I probably moved my head, and the touch was followed by light taps on my shoulder. It was Ella, possibly concerned, or perhaps I was snoring and she was telling me to go to bed if I was going to sleep. She was staring at me while she tapped me on the shoulder.

She taps me when she's begging for a treat, or to go out, or when I'm up later than I usually am, but she wasn't asking for anything. Once she woke me up, she curled back up in her bed.

This reminded me of another time that I think I've mentioned in the forum, a couple of years ago when I slipped on the ice in my driveway, hitting the back of my head, knocking myself out completely. I don't know how long I had been unconscious but I was very cold when I woke up, and Ella was lying on the ice next to my head. I had let her out with me when I went outdoors, but she had access to our much warmer enclosed porch, yet chose to lie next to me as I was unconscious in the driveway.

2. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Veteran Member
    Registered

How wonderful that Ella is so in "touch" with what is going on with you. :)

Ken Anderson and Yvonne Smith like this.