Crowdfunding

Discussion in 'Money & Finances' started by Brian Stenke, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Brian Stenke

Brian Stenke Veteran Member
    Registered

Have you heard crowdfunding? Take a look of uFundingPortal.com and you will see what is happening.

2. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

My husband had a group that has a movie project using crowdfunding for the capital. The president of their group had laid out the plan of seeking a 100k investment from 40 people that would give them a budget of 4 million pesos, just enough to make the movie. Those 40 people would be considered stock holders of the project and whatever financial gains the movie gets is to be divided among those investors. The first question is the availability of the investors. How would you get 40 people to give you their 100,000 pesos? The plan was to tap friends in media to promote the project. Unfortunately, the president of their group died before the project left the ground.

If you have influential people in your circle, you have to stake your reputation for such a project. The investor has to be fully convinced of the project, not only on the potential of earnings but on the project itself. In the movie project, the question would be the theme or the plot if it is relevant to the investor's interest.

Right now, there is another proposal like crowdfunding but this time the target investors are the politicians of a province. It is also a movie project with the name of the province as the title. The pitching will be held next week. I will post here the developments.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

I did 2 crowd funding and didn't get a penny from it. I tried giveforward.com and gofundme.com. I needed implants and they are expensive, didn't have implant coverage in Medicaid, so I thought I'd give crowd funding a try. Had it up for 3 months and didn't get anything so I closed it down.

4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I think this thread was spam but since the spammer wasn't smart enough to figure out how to leave a link, and because it had a couple of responses, I am leaving the thread here. Brian no longer has access to his account. Of course, since he used another name the last time he posted here about crowdfunding, I doubt that his real name is Brian.