Crochet

Discussion in 'Hobbies & Crafts' started by Diana Kristof, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Marilyn Pahl

Marilyn Pahl Veteran Member
    Registered

This was taken at Tin City Naples, Fl. The bronze colored Yukon belongs to me. Thinking OKKKKK, now make your little turn. Are we getting ready for tourist season??? Of course we are........:rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
    Chrissy Cross and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Lol, at first glance I thought that was a small plane flying too low. I see it's a boat. :)

3. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

I like to crochet. I probably prefer knitting. Right now I have no time and that bothers me. I'm not an expert at either but I've learned to accept my skills as they are. I can do simple knit lace. A knit leaf pattern looks complicated but are easy.

These activities are fun and relaxing.

Joe Riley and Yvonne Smith like this.
  4. Marilyn Pahl

Registered

Hi Kitty, I'm not an expert either. When in my 20's a friend was involved with charities. She was crocheting ( I thought cute little dresses for preemies). This was interesting and helped her crochet. These patterns had to be done a certain way and all the openings were in the back. I questioned her about it. She said, Oh I didn't tell you these are cadaver dresses and buntings with ties in the back. for stillborn babies. I stayed with helping her for about a year, but had to quit, it was getting to me. When my youngest one had a baby girl it was all out homemade. After not crocheting 50 yrs. All the others had store bought. Well she is my last grandchild. But working with it, and enjoy it. After loosing my good crochet hooks I place an order for another set, they came in yesterday. So glad just in time for some projects, for the holidays. Was lost without the hooks, and reverting to "Macrame.":eek:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
    Joe Riley likes this.
  5. Denise Richardson

Denise Richardson Veteran Member
    Registered

I love to crochet too! There was a time I thought I would have to stop because my fingers and wrists would be hurting. But, I learned on one of the crochet forums about this device and it has made the biggest difference. Since I started using it, I don't have any problems at all.
    upload_2016-8-25_18-4-5.jpeg

Marilyn Pahl and Joe Riley like this.
  6. Marilyn Pahl

Registered

9780517540107-us.jpg

When I lost my crochet hooks I was doing some macrame and came across this book. What I gather there are only used copies of this book. It's a hardback, Amazon, Able books and Ebay carry it. What I've seen.:)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  7. Marilyn Pahl

Registered

I've seen those at Walmarts and was wondering about them. That's wonderful it makes such a big difference. I have trouble with my fingers cramping. Then this sharp pain that runs across the top of my hand. It doesn't happen very often, thank-goodness.:)

8. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Welcome to the forum, Denise!

Denise Richardson likes this.
  9. Denise Richardson

Registered

Maybe it will help you too! I hope so!

Marilyn Pahl likes this.
  10. Denise Richardson

Registered

Thank you! I've been enjoying reading it before I joined but when I saw that about crocheting, that made me decide to join! :)

Joe Riley likes this.
  11. Marilyn Pahl

Registered

I'm giving it a try and surely let you know. Thank-You for sharing. So many times we see things that will be a help and don't know anyone who has tried them.

(Off Subject) Right now we have had bad rain storms,and our street is flooded with 7 to 10 inches of water. I have a pair of shrimp boots at the door to get the mail. The weather for the time is affecting my joints. Were not out of the woods yet for hurricanes. Hurricane Wilma one of the worst in Naples, Fl. was October 24th. 2005 it packed winds of 125 miles an hour.:)

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
    Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  12. Denise Richardson

Registered

You're welcome and I hope you have good luck with it!!!!:)

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  13. Marilyn Pahl

Registered

I bought one of those tools and yes it helps a lot with big yarn rugs, it's a small wonder. Have you seen the multi crochet hooks in what looks like a jackknife? Forget those. My friend who still works a Wal-Mart in Arts/Crafts was sorting out what could be salvaged and what went to claims. Someone had open the package, and asked if I could give it a try. That was awful the hooks were loose in it. Took some yarn that was all messed up and tried to crochet with it. Started out and one of the other hooks dropped down.:eek: She said, what do you do with that? Guess Duck Tape it:rolleyes:

Denise Richardson likes this.
  14. Marilyn Pahl

Registered

Magic Circle, Magic Circle....I thought I do something constructive, after being in a rut....Youtube has the best selections of tutorials. After flipping through a few. This one gal was terrific, her name is Betintx. She does a lot of beginner tutorials. This one she starts out showing how she does the Magic Circle, different then all the ones I've seen. Then the disk in single crochet. There are so many cute patters in Amigurumi. The little palm size animals. One was a picture of a Lemur, years ago my grandmother gave me a stuffed toy that was a Lemur with a French barre, and a sack that had a $ on it. He was supposed to be a thief with those round circles around his eyes.:)

15. Chelly Ali

Chelly Ali Well-Known Member
    Registered

I LVE to crochet!!
    It is my ultimate passion.
    In fact, Im crocheting as we speak.
    Im thinking of starting a formal crochet business.