Crochet

Discussion in 'Hobbies & Crafts' started by Diana Kristof, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Marilyn Pahl

Marilyn Pahl Well-Known Member
    Registered

I'm giving it a try and surely let you know. Thank-You for sharing. So many times we see things that will be a help and don't know anyone who has tried them.

(Off Subject) Right now we have had bad rain storms,and our street is flooded with 7 to 10 inches of water. I have a pair of shrimp boots at the door to get the mail. The weather for the time is affecting my joints. Were not out of the woods yet for hurricanes. Hurricane Wilma one of the worst in Naples, Fl. was October 24th. 2005 it packed winds of 125 miles an hour.:)

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
    Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  2. Denise Richardson

Registered

You're welcome and I hope you have good luck with it!!!!:)

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  3. Marilyn Pahl

Registered

I bought one of those tools and yes it helps a lot with big yarn rugs, it's a small wonder. Have you seen the multi crochet hooks in what looks like a jackknife? Forget those. My friend who still works a Wal-Mart in Arts/Crafts was sorting out what could be salvaged and what went to claims. Someone had open the package, and asked if I could give it a try. That was awful the hooks were loose in it. Took some yarn that was all messed up and tried to crochet with it. Started out and one of the other hooks dropped down.:eek: She said, what do you do with that? Guess Duck Tape it:rolleyes:

Denise Richardson likes this.
  4. Marilyn Pahl

Registered

Magic Circle, Magic Circle....I thought I do something constructive, after being in a rut....Youtube has the best selections of tutorials. After flipping through a few. This one gal was terrific, her name is Betintx. She does a lot of beginner tutorials. This one she starts out showing how she does the Magic Circle, different then all the ones I've seen. Then the disk in single crochet. There are so many cute patters in Amigurumi. The little palm size animals. One was a picture of a Lemur, years ago my grandmother gave me a stuffed toy that was a Lemur with a French barre, and a sack that had a $ on it. He was supposed to be a thief with those round circles around his eyes.:)