Credit Scores

Discussion in 'Money & Finances' started by Sheldon Scott, May 30, 2015.

1. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

What causes credit scores to change so much? I don't owe anybody a cent that isn't paid off every month. I have two credit cards I pay in full every month and I pay all my bills each month. Since one of my credit cards started putting my credit score on the monthly bill I have noticed that my credit score over the past year has ranged from 721 to 806. I can't think of anything I've done differently. This month it's 803.

2. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

@Sheldon Scott I recall that credit scores decline if there has been an inquiry made on your credit worthiness e.g. applying for credit or even for a job; also late payments made from 1-30 days and up can effect your credit score.

3. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

It is one of those things that it is kept a secret from the people that are affected by the so call people in power. There is a math matrix that the public does not have access to that is used for your credit. I worked as a mortgage consultant working with credit scores it use to drive me crazy a simple inquiry could cause the score to change and you may not have done anything to get the inquiry but your score has been changed.

Von Jones likes this.
  4. Carlota Clemens

Carlota Clemens Veteran Member
    Registered

True! Happened to me several month ago when I was confident so confident of my good credit score that I applied for new credit card demanding high rating.

When they declined my application, I went to check my credit report and found that like a ton of companies, individuals and service providers were inquiring about my credit score. Have no idea why since I had not applied for anything precisely expecting to get such a specific credit card, but those unknown requests ruined my opportunity to have it.