Credit Scores

Discussion in 'Money & Finances' started by Frank Sanoica, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Several of my card-issuers keep sending emails urging me to log in and learn my score. But, several already send it to me every month. Discover is one of those. My score has always been high, 800-820, the chart showing that to reside above about 95% of the populace. Last 6 months or so, the number has dropped to 769 as a low, then bounced around 790. Nothing has changed financially for me, I have never filched on a debt owed, nor been a day late with any payment due. Applying for a 30 year mortgage to buy our house, it was approved within hours. Year later, refinanced, lower rate, done, very quickly. I told the loan officer laughingly that when I make that final payment, I will be 100 years old! He laughed, too, saying they were not worried about it!

What gives with the constantly varying score?
    Frank

2. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't have a clue how they come up with those numbers, and I wonder if they have a system or just put down whatever they feel like. I have Discover too, and my scores range usually 790s to low 800s. Last month it jumped to 815 and Nothing has changed.

Frank Sanoica likes this.