Crafting Projects I Created

Discussion in 'Photos & Video' started by Von Jones, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Thank you, Faye. I had a dry spell myself when my mother was ill and after she passed away. I was ready to toss everything away. Then @Yvonne Smith told me to give it time and my inspiration and desire would return.

There was a time when our neighborhood had a series of thefts taking items from yards and porches luckily nothing as bad as destruction of property. It's sad to think that some people would go to such lengths.

2. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Going through my photos again and came across the Lacy Lady doll I crafted back in the mid 90s. I had just started working at a local hospital as a billing secretary for the pastoral care department. Although I made several of the dolls the counselor shown was the only female in the office at that time.

The Lacy Doll began with a straw broom for the body (no arms or legs). The head was fabric filled with straw and sewn to the body which was also covered with the same fabric. I had heard through conversations that her favorite color was red so except for the face red and white lace were used on the hat and dress, moss for hair and red and white flowers accented the face. I had thought about adding eyes, nose and etc. but liked it better without those.

She was not expecting this and was very surprised and moved by it as you can see.

The Doll 004.JPG The Doll 003.JPG

3. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh her face is a delightful picture - I think you made her day :)

Von Jones likes this.
  4. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Another one of my craft projects.

These fans were made out of wallpaper at a thrift store that I just couldn't walk away from. The roll was probably left over because it was still wrapped as if it was still on the store shelf. The colors were rich cranberry, forest green with hints of cream and mauve all on a high gloss paper. Just gorgeous.

I had crafted several of these fans for myself and one day a co-worker saw a photo of one and asked me if I would make her one and she would pay me for it. :D The colors of the wallpaper are what she requested. We agreed on the price for one but, what the heck, there was more than enough wallpaper so I made her two.

This was back in the 80s and I was employed at an health insurance company as a Data Entry Clerk in the Enrollment Department. Unfortuantely I resigned because all but one co-worker turned against me because they had this idea that I was trying to get our supervisor's job. I found out that the company folded sometime after I resigned.

Seeing this photo again just brought back some good and bad memories. Oh well, it didn't stop me from moving forward.

Fans 008.JPG

5. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Those are fabulous, Von! (I just love your projects; I wish I had some talent. :D)

Von Jones likes this.
  6. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

@Beth Gallagher, thank you.

After I completed the fans there wasn't enough left to create anything else so I threw it away. It wasn't as long as I thought it was going to be maybe that was why I elected to go ahead and make two.

They are so easy to make. I'll see if I can find the photo that produced the sale. :)

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  7. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

Gee, Von, I wish I were talented in the creative arts. I am awful at such undertakings. Everything I attempt just turns out lousy. But, I love seeing your creations.

Von Jones likes this.
  8. Micki Pembroke

Micki Pembroke Veteran Member
    Registered

@Von Jones Von, Love seeing all your projects, you have a great talent. :).

Von Jones and Lois Winters like this.
  9. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Thank you.

Micki Pembroke likes this.
  10. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Thank you.

Believe me some of my creations have been lousy too, lol.

11. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

When I was pregnant with my first baby, my friend's mother taught me to crochet. I made a pair of booties; one was tiny and perfect, the other was a men's size 9. :D:D:D

12. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

These fans all came to fuition when I rented a house for the first time. It was a big 2 story 3 bedroom, 2 bath house. I was so excited that it didn't bother me to go through the application, credit check and the deposit of first and last month's rent.

The downstairs is what got me on the walk through it was the circular layout Once inside the foyer there were two door ways one which lead to a set of window paned glass French doors to the living room which had the most gorgeous wood pocket doors into the family room (was the dining room) with the kitchen through that doorway and from the kitchen back to the foyer. I loved it!

After getting settled I began to plan how to fill these rooms. There was sooo much wall space.

This first fan was created to compliment a Southwestern theme set in the family room.

Fans 2 003.JPG

This second fan was created for a more stately decor set in the living room with blue, green and maroon accented with brass and glass coffee and end tables which were used as plant stands because I only had chairs for seating. A nice room for gatherings. The fan sits inside a ceramic sconce I found at a thrift store with a faux crystal garland draping out of it over the faux fireplace where a miniature component set fit quite nicely.

@Beth Gallagher, this is the picture that my co-worker saw.

Fans 2 002.JPG

After a year or so I became more creative which the fans by adding coordinating lace, faux flowers anything I thought to spice them up a bit. Those two pups I'm holding are Cinder (black) and Brandy (brown).

Fans 2 001.JPG

Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
  13. Micki Pembroke

Registered

@Von Jones Sooooooooooo....beautiful, don't know what other word to use. Have you shared your talents with any family, friends, sometimes it's hard to teach others if they don't have the talent inside, but you, my gal, have it inside and out.:).

Patsy Faye and Von Jones like this.
  14. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

@Micki Pembroke, thank you.

No, I haven't but I gifted friends and family with faux flower arrangements or wreaths that I've done.

Micki Pembroke likes this.
  15. Micki Pembroke

Registered

@Von Jones :):):):):).

Von Jones likes this.