Could We Have An Automotive Category?

Discussion in 'Help Requests' started by Hal Pollner, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

Or could we use an existing category to talk about our cars, both past and present?

Thanks
    Hal

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Most of the posts about vehicles will fit into already existing categories. You just have to do a search for them, if you want to read some of the posts about vehicles.
    Probably the older vehicles would be under the reminiscing part of the forum, and other than that, they show up under hobbies, for people that work on their vehicles.
    If you want to post about cars that you yourself have, here is a thread that you started a while back about your cars, and this would be a good place to post about other cars you have owned.

http://www.seniorsonly.club/threads/cars-youve-owned.9436/#post-260238

Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  3. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

Yvonne, that fully addressed my question!

Thank You,

Harry (aka Harold, Hal, and Howl)

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Okay, I think this is a good idea, particularly since we already have several threads on cars. The only thing I need is a second forum to balance things out since we're using a dual-column design. It's a symmetry thing.

I considered Cars & Trucks and Planes & Trains but I don't know that we'll have enough threads about planes or trains to warrant that since a lot of the train or plane stuff could be posted in the Travel & Vacation forum. I suppose the car threads could go there too, but I think there are enough car threads to warrant a separate forum.

So if we were left with Cars & Trucks, we would need one other one that could fit in the Education & Entertainment category in order to balance things off. Ideas, anyone?

5. Yvonne Smith

It does not fit where you are talking about, but i still like the idea of a senior medical section where we can discuss Medicare plans and maybe prescriptions and treatment that does not fit under the health section of the forum.
    Plan benefits and fitness programs like Silver Sneakers could fit here too.
    It would not be a health topic but not exactly financial either.

Bess Barber likes this.
  6. Ken Anderson

It could be a sub-forum of Health & Wellness, or maybe Money & Finances?

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  7. Yvonne Smith

Maybe the automotive section could be a sub-forum of the sports and recreation section ?

8. Yvonne Smith

I am writing to bring up this topic again, @Ken Anderson . Even though there might not be enough automotive threads to have its own section, we DO have quite a few of them.
    Last night, I was going back through the Off-topic Discussions, and trying to move them to an area of the forum where they fit, or to merge them with a similar thread.
    Some of the automotive threads are about past vehicles people have had, and I moved those to the Other Reminisces section, but some are for current automotive projects (like @Frank Sanoica ’s restorations), and don’t really fit anywhere unless I put them in the diary section.

I think that a subsection , either in the Recreation section, or maybe even in Hobbies, would be a good place to move the vehicle threads to, but anywhere you want it (since this IS your forum) is fine with me.
    I just need a home for these “lost threads” so I can get them out of Off-topic .

Also (just a comment), there were some old threads in off-topic with nothing besides an OP, that didn’t say much, or was a video that was no longer available, and no replies, and I deleted those.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    Ken Anderson likes this.
  9. Ken Anderson

Vote