Could Trump Be Thinking Of Ending The Fed?

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Ken Anderson, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

According to Business Insider, Trump will be meeting with John Allison, with the CATO Institute, and may be considering him for Treasury Secretary.

Trump has spoken of his concerns about the Federal Reserve before, but Allison has advocated abolishing the Fed.

So far, he seems to be making moves to actually do the things he spoke of during the campaign, unlike most successful candidates whose working agendas rarely resemble their campaign agendas.

2. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Ken Anderson
    Many of the Economists having highest credible marks have gone on record as stating the Federal Reserve Banking System, having it's own hierarchy outside of Administration control, and the "floating" of the currency with no hard "backing", were the two things ultimately affecting Americans' basic freedoms the most. FDR started the unbacking thing by "stealing" 75% of every American's dollars by raising the officially controlled price of gold from $20 an ounce to $35.
    Frank

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
    Denise Evans and Ken Anderson like this.
  3. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Tell me more about the Federal Reserve Ken. I don't know anything about it. I have remained so uninformed about so many things in my life:( I am ashamed I haven't started "caring" before this but Trump sure got my attention:) Thank God!!

4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I don't have time tonight because it's getting late and I have to pack. I am going to be staying at a hotel in Bangor starting tomorrow re. radioactive iodine. I'll try to remember tomorrow, however.

Denise Evans likes this.
  5. Denise Evans

Registered

No hurry, I can also look it up, but if you want to sometime, I respect your input.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  6. Denise Evans

Registered

By the way, I think that iodine is what is leaking into Clear Lake CA. I almost moved down there but heard so much negative about it, I took another place. I'm not sure it's iodine, but it's something that they say is from the old mines in that area.