Coronavirus, Freedom Of Religion, And The Right To Freely Assemble

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Ken Anderson, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

MIne, too ,Saying prayers for you, @Dwight Ward . With so much happening in today’s world, it can be overwhelming to try and get a grasp on everything, and weed out truth from lies, or lack of knowledge.
    There are lots of easygoing threads here, that you can still participate in, if you feel up to that.

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The Early Church did not dissolve when they were outlawed by the ruling officials.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Of course, there is no disagreement for here we sit, the offspring of those early days.
    That said, the Early Church did not have the types of gatherings we have today. And, as a matter of thought, I do not remember anyone prescribing the formation of large gatherings with the possible exception of “communion” for short and the gatherings for prophetic purposes.

The open hostilities for the young religion kept any gathering to a bare minimum which often met in individual homes and we ain’t talking about 2000 square foot homes here.

All I am really trying to get at here is to answer the question of Why do not a majority of Christians simply come together if that is what we wish to do?
    As for me, I think there’s a bit of uncertainty in one’s faith going on but the rest can be derived from differed Biblical perspectives. Or possibly, as I noted about one’s uncertainty, are the Biblical assertions just a rathionalization?

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020