Coronavirus, Freedom Of Religion, And The Right To Freely Assemble

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Ken Anderson, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I think it's nutty not to recognize that there is an agenda in this because it doesn't make sense from a medical standpoint.

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Here is another perfect example of elected officials doing that exact same thing as they did with Christian believers. Now Mayor DeBlasio has said on one hand, that since Muslim Ramadan holy days have started, they are going to have places where they can get free meals, and that stations will be set up all over New York.
    Then he tells the Jewish people just about the same thing as he said to the Christians, that they will be arrested and fined for worshiping . Does he think that all of those Muslims are just going to show up one at a time for their free dinner ?

EDE11D2A-8DDF-401C-BE7D-CA8B7989E240.jpeg

Bobby Cole likes this.
  3. Ken Anderson

He also hasn't closed the mosques. They were allowed to divide the internal spaces with plastic sheets, forming small rooms for no more than ten people. No such arrangements or adjustments were made for Christian churches or Jewish synagogues.

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  4. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Maybe he doesn't care how many of them get sick and/or die.

5. Ken Anderson

I'm thinking that's not it, but it's worth thinking about.

6. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

DiBlasio like all the other dictators is such a hypocrite. Last Sunday, after just about labeling anyone who ventured from one's front door is to be treated like a criminal, he and his family were seen strolling a New York park enjoying the fresh air and sunshine. He is not the only elected official pulling these stunts. Now, as for attending church and comparing it to going to Walmart. At Walmart, I find that one can quickly distance ones self by quickly changing course to avoid close contact. However in church, folks sit shoulder to shoulder in pews and are not at liberty to just up and move away at random during services. This begs the question, if one is carrying the virus in church, emerges, and during the course of the day after much contact during the service, continues to meet with others passing the virus along, is this sensible? Presuming all who attend church are healthy to begin with and are not at risk, with pre-existing conditions, they should be fine, but while they could throw the virus off, someone less healthy may be in for a very bad time of it after contact. I try to look at the many faceted sides of this situation, and there are no fast and true answers. Good conscience comes into play here and concern for our fellow man's circumstances. In this day and age, where it seems we have become a selfish, self serving society, might be a good time to do some real soul searching giving us a golden opportunity to exhibit the stuff we really are made of.

7. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

It isn’t the church thing that bugs me as much as the “across the board” church thing that bugs me. Whilst the U.S. may have a lot of mega churches, the most prominent type are those that may seat a couple of hundred but in actuality, only have about 50 -100 who actually attend.

With the smaller churches, the powers that be can separate the seating, i.e. families can sit together but must be 6-10 feet from other families, wearing masks, etc
    There are ways to adjust the seating arrangements but of course, the politicians are at the helm and because churches are mostly 501C-3 organizations there is very little concern about whether churches are operational or not or for that matter, what religious rights are being stepped on.

Lois Winters likes this.
  8. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

Here in Maine we have this 95549999_2943355089052791_6624391140252581888_n.jpg

9. Yvonne Smith

10. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

Another typical quote of the uninformed. Viruses can be seen and their existence can be proven.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  11. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Just a thought though. I would venture that 99% of the world has never seen a virus but still believe what someone that they do not even know or has even met has said.
    It’s a matter of faith no matter which way you slice it.

Al Amoling and Yvonne Smith like this.
  12. Lois Winters

Registered

Under a microscope which most people do not own.

13. Yvonne Smith

This was in the news this morning, and it just really shows the loss of logical thinking that is happening at this time, due to the fear programming that the media does 24/7 for the last 4-5 months.
    Today, burning down the church, when will they start killing people for being outside their home or going somewhere. Most churches have followed the guidelines, and have been closed , even though people complained about it; so burning down a church seems pretty extreme to me.

58071801-493F-4A03-A52E-926F483C1681.jpeg

Babs Hunt and Bobby Cole like this.
  14. Lois Winters

Registered

:mad:

15. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

God must have been pissed too, if not he would have smote the arsonists or rained on the fire. What does it mean that he let the church burn? "STAY YOUR ASS TO HOME AND PRAISE ME FROM THE DINING ROOM TABLE,YOU IDIOT!"

Sheldon Scott likes this.