Cooking Over An Open Fire

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Susan Brown, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Susan Brown

Susan Brown Veteran Member
    Registered

We love to go camping and the best part is waking up in the morning and cooking breakfast over an open fire. It is my favorite part of the whole camping trip. The smell of the fresh air and bacon and eggs. There is just something about the outdoors and campfires. Last weekend we went to the beach and cooked up our dinner on a open fire. It was fantastic. We have a bbq but things just seem to taste better over a fire. Not too mention the toasted marshmallows and smores for dessert. Yum!!

Sheldon Scott and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

We used to do that but we now live in the woods so no need for camping. The only things we cook on an open fire these days are hot dogs and marshmallows.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. John Donovan

John Donovan Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh, that is my favorite activity to do while out and about! Whenever my wife and I go exploring we inevitably end up making a fire and cooking whatever my meat my wife packed (she already knows what we will end up doing). It's so delicious! I especially love sausages cooked like that, because the smoke gives them a fantastic taste.

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  4. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I remember when I was still staying with my parents, we would be doing that kind of cooking whenever we would run out of LPG and there was no money for immediate purchase. We would place 3 rocks to hold the griller and underneath are firewood. That is cooking on an open fire a la pobre.. that means cooking of the poor people. Fortunately, those episodes are gone now and maybe that's the reason why we are always on the lookout for the spare LPG tank. It's not good to be cooking on an open fire unless you have chestnuts around.