Contemporary Christian Songs

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Denise Evans, May 31, 2016.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

..love my Christian contemporary music. Usually listen to KLOVE out here where I live.

Here's one I just heard by Kari Jobe:

Bill Boggs and Joe Riley like this.
  2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

3. Denise Evans

Registered

Stephen Curtis Chapman is one of my all-time faves Joe. His was some of the first contemporary christian songs I heard when I was saved in 93;)

Joe Riley likes this.
  4. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm not sure I have listened to a lot of Contemporary Christian Music. When I started playing the harmonica ( I used it like a medical device, trying to get the carbon monoxide out of my lungs so I could get in a little more oxygen), the first songs I learned were those old church songs I grew up with. I graduated to some gospel music they sing today, and on to other music. I still like play the Church music of yesteryear: Rock of Ages; I won't Have To Cross Jordon Alone; Manson On The Hill; there are dozens, maybe hundreds. I change the tempo, rock it, play as written. I'm sure yours is also good stuff to listen to.

5. Denise Evans

Registered

Hi Bill, you are anyone is welcome to post any of your faves too, whether contemporary or not. I sometimes wish I'd been introduced to church, a good one of course, when I was young. My grandparents didn't go, nor my mom, so I didn't have any family to get me there. I don't remember one, single person ever talking to me much about Jesus either:( But I knew about Him somehow. I think I got to go to church a time or two when I spent the night with a christian family when I was about 11 or 12. I just had no understanding of Him then is all.

I don't know if you were joking or you were breathing fumes from trucks or something Bill, LOL!! There's a lot to be said about learning about the Lord when we are kids. I mean if it's not some weird, religious cult. I have met people that went through hell as children. I somehow knew God was not like what some churches were teaching, thank you God for that.

6. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks, Denise.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
  7. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

New Worship Song ! "Rejoice In The Lord" ! Gospel Harmonica

8. Denise Evans

Registered

9. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

There are several contemporary Christian songs that I like but I prefer traditional Christian hymns in church services. When I listen to Christian radio, too often it's hard to tell whether a song is intended as worship or praise to God or whether the singer is trying to get someone to go to bed with him, as the Christian content in contemporary Christian music is often so subtle that if you replaced the name of God with someone else, you'd have a secular love song.

10. Denise Evans

Registered

I know what you mean, if someone who doesn't know the Lord heard some songs, they wouldn't "get it". I don't care for those either Ken. The little church I'm going to now just has a guitar player/singer, and a guy that has some bongos, and one gal that sings. But it's soft and quiet hymns, and worship songs.

I think that a watered-down gospel (or songs) are not the way to go. But some think it is to get the "numbers" of people into a church, or to listen to their station.