Connecting Some Dots

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Martin Alonzo, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

@Martin Alonzo, the Obama Administration was the most corrupt in recent American history and perhaps ever. The Clinton Administration was #2 and the two Bush Administrations are a close tie at #3. They all make Richard Nixon look like a sissy, but they managed to bury most of it, and their attempt to discredit Trump is what has brought much of it to light, although a lot was known and ignored prior to the Mueller Investigation. The MSM, who took such a leading role in investigating Watergate, did essentially nothing in those three governments, although they tinkered a bit with Bush 43. It is a sign of how far America has fallen in the recent decades that all this has been accepted by a large portion of the U.S. population.

Frank Sanoica and Ken Anderson like this.
  3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I am guessing that we don't know the half of it, as far as the first Bush Administration is concerned.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  4. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I am not sure we know most of it on any of the mentioned administrations. George W. did some things, but I really think he was sorry, even while they were going on. His father, however, did what he did and had been so hardened by his political past that he didn't really care. The elder Bush (in my opinion) was the most "qualified" person to be President in modern times, but his history had detached him from the lives of real people. When he was elected, the electorate was an extension of the Reagan Administration, but he failed the voters miserably.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  5. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Don Alaska "......but he failed the voters miserably."

Please, elaborate. Thanks!
    Frank

6. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

It was simple. The voters expected more of Reagan's policies amd Bush promised them, but he had no intention whatsoever of fulfilling his promise. Don't you remember the "Read my lips--no new taxes" pledge that was made during the campaign? After his election, one of the first things he did was negotiate with the Dems who controlled Congress to raise taxes on virtually everyone.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  7. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Don Alaska
    Ah, yes, now I remember! Thanks!
    Frank