Competing Forums

Discussion in 'Comments on Forum' started by Frank Sanoica, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Veteran Member
    Registered

Employed in Phoenix, manufacturing plant, I got to know the Human Resources Manager quite well. He was pretty candid. He told me that frequently the HR managers of a large number of the city's businesses got together at a hotel, and discussed at length the status quo of their flocks of employees, including Salaried Employees, as I was. They thus were able to keep prevailing salaries fairly uniform in order to discourage migration of workers from company to company. Interesting little espionage gig, eh?

Now, what is to prevent Admins and Owners of similar forums from doing the same thing? Known nasty contributors could thus be barred from registering at one's forum, if his/her reputation were universally known, for example.

@Ken Anderson Anything to this, Ken?
    Frank

Holly Saunders and Bobby Cole like this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Greeter
    Staff Member Greeter Patron Registered

Not that I know of. I don't hang out with other admins though. There is such a thing for spammers, and I do enroll in that. They are automatically flagged by ISP number or email address when they register and, of course, I can add to the database.

Bobby Cole and Frank Sanoica like this.
  3. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Veteran Member
    Registered

@Ken Anderson
    I suppose forums are different from competing businesses, where P&L is of utmost concern. I have no idea how the originators of the Internet have kept it pretty free of charge, but do know our land line, DSL, and Dish satellite combined in one bill eats 10% of our total income. TEN!

Frank