Compared To Others, Is Your Lifestyle Boring?

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

I still think the difference between "boring" and "not boring" revolves around finances. Pretty obvious that people who have money, can travel and have loads of fun. Then again, others say "not boring at all when I'm sitting in a nice, quiet room and reading a good book."

2. Vinny Waccio

Vinny Waccio Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Let's see. I have been to 21 countries and 26 States. Have relocated with my wife of 46 years 13 times and are living in our 9th house. I was once one of the top two experts in a niche field and was appointed as an alternate U.N. advisor to an 80 year old man who could not get around well anymore. I have designed software that was on the cutting edge at one time, learned how to program in several languages and operated everything from mainframes to all of eh various desktops and operating systems that have come along.

I started an all cargo airline and did a lot of things professionally that resulted in companies hiring me just to have my name associated with them. I co-authored a 3 volume reference book and wrote numerous articles for business magazines. There is a lot more since I have been in several professions.

I have had three relationships with two of them turning into engagements. My ex fiancé is bi and is now married to a woman. My ex girlfriend is bi too. My wife is also bi and we lived in a poly triad with her married BFF for most of our marriage up till 8 years ago. I never knew these girls are bi until well into the relationship because as you know, in our generation no one believed in bisexuality so the girls would have been labeled as lesbians when that had very serious consequences. People were shocked if you lived together before you married and divorced women were often considered damaged goods only good for dating, not marrying. At least it was like this in my neck of the woods. My wife's theory is that all these girls are bi because after sex with me they are through with men. :)

I have the ability to learn things fast and solve problems others could not. That has allowed me to change careers at will and provide me with enough money so that money was never a problem. We had no kids so we did lots of wild stuff that I will not go into here.

My life is boring since I retired though. Only retired two months and after my hectic lifestyle, just hanging out with some friends and watching TV is fine by me.

3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

I had an active life before meeting my wife and she simply "activated" it even more. 18 years later, have slowed down some, but still get the old powerboat going and still shoot at targets. But, this is all on weekends, during the week...…...we pretty much relax and watch tv.

Wanted to go back to Aquatica Water Park again this year, but...…...

4. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

I'd have to say my life zigzags between exciting and boring. The exciting parts make me appreciate the boring parts. I travel a lot to pretty exciting places and getting home to a regular boring routine is pretty darn attractive. When I'm home, I enjoy doing very little but sleeping, reading, computer, and TV. I like to walk, too, but I've been limping around on a broken foot that doesn't want to heal (compliments of a misadventure in one of the "exciting" places).

5. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Mary Robi
    Surely prospects are for it to get better with time? Hope so, as one who enjoys walking needs painless use of the feet, as I well know.
    Frank

6. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I think most people would think of my life as boring. My social life seems to be doctor appointments. I try, despite still having a hearing problem and mobility limited to a walker, to socialize with others. Reading, internet, computers, movies & docos for my entertainment. My next door neighbor George is 92 and we seem to have identical lives.

7. Tim Burr

Tim Burr Veteran Member
    Registered

If I may, I'd like to slightly amend my previous answer.

As of 3 p.m. today, I really would like to find out about this 'boredom'
    thing I hear about.

My plan is to lay around, binge watch the list of movies I need to watch,
    till at least the new year.

Don't want to 'fix' anything or take anything apart, just try to be bored!

I'll probably go overboard decorating for Christmas, cause I can finally
    sit back and take it all in.

Sounds selfish I'm sure, but have been looking forward to this for a long while.

Don Alaska likes this.