Compared To Others, Is Your Lifestyle Boring?

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I haven't been really bored until this last year...just not having a good year.

Can't put my finger on the reason....maybe because it's a lot of small things adding up...

I'm actually thinking of going to therapy if I can find one that is near enough and takes my insurance...there was one referral I had that took my insurance but he wasn't taking new patients.

I did just come home from Curves and signed up for their luncheon next Wednesday....but I'm not excited about it...just trying to get out more here.......:(

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

This is good. No, this is great, Chrissy. Wife and I are glad to see it. Two "thumbs up" for you!!

3. Chrissy Cross

Registered

4. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Sometimes you just have to make the effort Chrissy if you want things to change
    You can get out and about - that's a big plus

Maryt Hope and Chrissy Cross like this.
  5. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I know what I have to do...just doing it is the problem. :(

Nancy Hart likes this.
  6. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Chrissy Cross - I suppose that's a difficult one for me to grasp as you want to meet people and this is a good
    chance. I hope you go and hope it will be a great experience for you :)

Maryt Hope and Chrissy Cross like this.
  7. Chrissy Cross

Registered

It's hard to explain....

Maryt Hope and Patsy Faye like this.
  8. Patsy Faye

Registered

I can imagine that - maybe being on your own so long, you're unsure of meeting up with people
    and won't feel relaxed. But - I think you will once you get there, if you don't feel comfy, make your excuse and leave
    At least you will have tried :)

9. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Cody Fousnaugh
    We had seriously talked about living out of a motorhome. Seemed like a wonderful way to achieve new-found freedom. Then reality sank in: if your permanent residence is movable, what about your mail? Pick up at a postal box? Most jurisdictions will not mail a driver license to a box #. I had to do it once, when we rented a house with no address, half way up South Mountain in Phoenix. It took serious argument with the bureau manager, but he finally OK'd it.

Then there is the taxes; motor homes present huge tax burdens, more so in some locales than others. Folks register them in states with the lowest taxes. No mailing address again presents problems.

Then there is insurance. Imagine the rates imposed on a vehicle costing several hundred-thousand dollars?

Then there is up-keep. Ever see one of those behemoths being towed away? Takes a special, huge tow-truck.

We decided we couldn't afford it.
    Frank

10. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

That might be an answer, Chrissy. If you don't find male friends, perhaps you can find female friends you can share with.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  11. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

@Frank Sanoica a motorhome is a GREAT second home, but not a great primary residence. In addition to the items you mentioned, I have found that women especially like to have a base to work from. My lady loves to travel, but could never stand being a nomad.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  12. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I'm not even looking for male friends, been there, done that, lol.

Yes, hopefully I'll find someone at Curves and the luncheon that is a good fit for me as a friend.

I'm not anti social..but I do have motivation problems...once Ive gotten somewhere...I'm fine. :)

Patsy Faye and Don Alaska like this.
  13. Billie Lane

Billie Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Like Beatrice Taylor, I don't consider myself as having a lifestyle.
    To me , a lifestyle is just an accumulation of habits. I like to learn new things and if you take the opportunity to do that I don't think you can ever get bored.
    Being single has its advantages in that respect as I can just get up and go wherever I want, when I want ,and be answerable only to my own conscience.

14. Vinny Waccio

Vinny Waccio Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Our lifestyle in boring to many since we live in a large retirement for active adults. We watch movies and socialize with friends once or twice a week. However, after 46 years of me traveling to 20+ countries mostly for business, relocating 13 times, living in our 9th house, taking 4 vacations a year and spoiling ourselves with all the money the rest of you spend on your kids (we are not breeders), doing nothing is enjoyable, :)

I have started to do more by joining the Amateur Radio Club, Gun Club and Mensa Club. However meeting do not start until September due to may snow birds being away until then. 40% of the people who live here are gone for the hot summer months so things are empty and no lines at restaurants or movies. I am also an introvert but can be very social when I need to be. I enjoy my own company and hard to find people who share my interests and want to discuss more than the weather, where to eat or how many coupons they have. :)

15. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Doesn't sound boring at all to me!

Maryt Hope likes this.