Coffee

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Bill Boggs, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

2. Kalvin Mitnic

Kalvin Mitnic Well-Known Member
    Registered

I some times put a pinch of chocolate.coco like powder for a slight mocha taste in my Folgers. Sometimes with milk in instant coffee if in a rush with an empty pot.

Bill Boggs likes this.
  3. Kalvin Mitnic

Registered

Never used chicory after we could get real coffee after WW2

Bill Boggs and Frank Sanoica like this.
  4. Bill Boggs

Registered

I've got a bag and a half off coffee beans left in the cupboard. My local source (Sam's Club) has quit handling Mt. Comfort. I've got a pound of that and a two pound bag of Eight O'clock left. When that runs out I'm going back to some store brand of ground coffee. My regular grocery market of choice handles very few beans, usually only two brands. Walmart has a better choice. I have come to the point I don't like to run all over town looking for my favorite something or other. My world is getting smaller. My coffee research has come to an end. I have been looking for another coffer grinder and was going to buy a good burr grinder this time around. My blade grinder is getting dull and jerks and shakes itself around on the cabinet. I probably won't buy another grinder. Buy ground coffee instead. Right now I'm betting I outlast my grinder but who knows. This ends a search for the best affordable coffee started about eight years ago out on the south plains of West Texas in Lubbock.

I was going to get my toenails cut today but last night in the wee hours while walking down a dark hallways I stubbed both my head and third toe against the door frame. Heads okay, but the toes cries out when I put weight on it. Everybody stay well. Cheers.

5. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Veteran Member
    Registered

Ha ha, youve been searching for the perfect coffee the last 8 years, Ive been searching for the perfect man...my search has ended also.

I wasn't trying to hard in all fairness.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Veteran Member
    Registered

The search for the perfect man would be easy but alas, I'm already married. As for coffee, Amazon can open up your coffee world up for you again, @Bill Boggs.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  7. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Hahahahahahaha but yes I agree since you have the power to ban me, :)

Hmm, maybe I should have put a few less hahas.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  8. Gloria Mitchell

Gloria Mitchell Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

My grand ma used to drink Postum every morning... as a kid never appealed to me....did not know they even made it now dys.

9. Gloria Mitchell

Registered

I think besides the coffee itself... the coffee maker has much do with also. My ,I guess he is gonna be a son in law some day
    - when he comes in town, he always comes for coffee here... says my daughters coffee stinks and does not taste good. She has one of those pod thingies :eek:

Bill Boggs and Frank Sanoica like this.
  10. Kalvin Mitnic

Registered

Stop looking, :(no such thing. Look rather for the imperfect man there is no dearth of the lot.
    As to any relationship of a perfect man and coffee have little hope of finding such, but ;)Perhaps a human bean differs from a coffee bean.
    None the less, a man may be 'perked' up, 'ground down',a blend, and ultimately enjoyed (best too when not cold), hopefully with a good looking 'mug'.

11. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I already found some imperfect ones and you are wrong...my husband was the "Perfect" man...for me. :)

Also, good one with human bean and coffee bean....you're clever.

12. Bill Boggs

Registered

Good idea and I did ck. Amazon. Also emailed My coffee company heads quarters. They'll sell me my coffee at less than I was paying and ship it free. Gonna take them up on it. You never know unless you asked.

Frank Sanoica and Ken Anderson like this.
  13. Kalvin Mitnic

Registered

Struck a home run there lad.

14. Kalvin Mitnic

Registered

Sooo glad to hear that.

15. Kalvin Mitnic

Registered

It took me years of trials and wasted money till I found what suited my taste. The early years were Max..eight and others till I settled on 'drip' Folgers. Suits me to a tea..;)

Gloria Mitchell likes this.
  16. Gloria Mitchell

Registered

Yep we drink Flogers also...like the best for the price!

17. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Ive used Folgers also when I don't have the Costco brand. I like it just fine. I don't know if I choose it because it's the one that's always on sale or not but it seems that way.

I need a new coffee maker. This one still works just fine but it's just old. Don't know what I'll get though.

Maybe none, Ive been experimenting with a 200mg caffeine tablet this week and instead of the 2 cups coffee in the morning, Ive only had the tablet and maybe a half cup of coffee and I'm doing fine.

Saves on truvia and creamer which isn't so much the money but the added calories. Even though it's not that much.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  18. Gloria Mitchell

Registered

:eek: no way Jose..I want to drink my coffee:D

19. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Who thinks about "calories" at our age??? LOL

20. Anne Kramer

Anne Kramer Member
    Registered

I have not had Community Coffee. I have been getting mine at Aldi's and sometimes at the bi-rite. Bought some beans by mistake 2 times so I had to buy a coffee grinder..o_OI like roasted pecan the most.

Ina I. Wonder and Yvonne Smith like this.
  21. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I've been using 100% Columbian K cups for my morning coffee plus we have a variety of Cappichino flavors which I use alone or with the Columbian.

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  22. Maryt Hope

Maryt Hope Well-Known Member
    Registered

Just for fun..... 587544fca443188b0f10c369d1f1798a.jpg

Ina I. Wonder and Yvonne Smith like this.
  23. Bill Boggs

Registered

Let me admit to something. Sheldon said he uses K-cups. I did too way back there. I bought a K-cup coffee maker back when they first come out. Tried out most of the k-cup coffee available at that time. Some of the Green Mountain coffees were the best I'd ever tasted. My coffee machine quit working. They offered to prorate the guarantee at about twenty cents on the dollar which I didn't think fair at the time. Most of my coffee research over the years was trying to find a coffee that tasted as good as the k-cup coffee. I've come close but really never found it. Now this. I don't consider all my search and research either wasted time or wasted money. Here's why. Had I not continued buying and trying other coffees, I would always wonder each time I bought a package of coffee, whatever it was, if I was maybe just one purchase away from finding that perfect cuppa. Now I know to find coffee that satisfies my longing for a good cup, one that tastes good, and stick with it. You are as well off and if you searched till doomsday, you'd no doubt arrive at the same conclusion. I consider it both time and money well spent. a sort of education. You might say I'm an educated fool.

Maryt Hope and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  24. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I have never used a k-cup; but I think that it would be great to have one. I only drink 1-2 cups of coffee per day, and with the Keurig, each cup would be totally fresh. Plus they have so many flavors of the k-cups that you can have just about any flavor of coffee you like.
    I love flavored coffees, and my favorite is the chocolate raspberry . Flavored coffee is just so expensive that I seldom have any; but I was watching the Coffee Fools flavored coffee on Amazon, and sometimes they had a closeout and I could order it as an add-on when we were ordering something else.
    Most of the time , I just drink whatever @Bobby Cole makes, and he buys some from Sam's Club that suits him perfectly.
    When I want flavored coffee, I have one of those single cup coffee makers, or use one of those little Melita funnel filters and make it right into my coffee cup, which is what I am doing this morning.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  25. Tim Burr

Tim Burr Well-Known Member
    Registered

Something I miss is a cup from one of these after a long night on the Flightline...
    I always hoped it had been 'brewing' for 6 or 8 hours, to get the full effect !

[​IMG]