Clearly Canadian

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Ken Anderson, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I began drinking Clearly Canadian while I was living on the Texas-Mexico border, oddly enough, and I loved it. Originally, it came in glass bottles with a label that appeared to be painted on.

Then they began applying a clear plastic label onto the bottle, obviously to reduce costs, but they were still very good. Then they began distributing Clearly Canadian in plastic bottles and it didn't taste so good anymore. I don't know if they had changed its composition or if the deterioration of its taste was because of the plastic bottle, but I know that I don't generally like drinking things from plastic bottles.

In 2010, they took it off the market A couple of years later, I read that it had been purchased by another company and was going to be returned to the market but I hadn't seen it in stores until today. Although our grocery store doesn't carry it, a small neighborhood market does. It's not in my neighborhood, so I haven't been in there for a long time, but Michelle found it today.

I didn't bother looking for it online because I had assumed that it would be back in the plastic bottles that I didn't like.

But it's back in the glass bottles, with the original labeling, and it tastes every bit as good as it did before.

Clearly Canadian is a sparkling water that comes in several flavors, known as Wild Cherry, Orchard Peach, Mountain Blackberry, Country Raspberry, and maybe some others. It's a bit on the expensive side, at $3 a bottle, however.

clearlycanadian.png

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. Vinny Waccio

Vinny Waccio Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I stopped drinking it because I kept saying "eh" alot.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

$3 for 2.1 oz?....or 11 oz?

Wild Cherry
    [​IMG]

4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

11 oz.

Joe Riley likes this.