Cleaning Our Homes

Discussion in 'Home Improvement' started by Gloria Mitchell, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Gloria Mitchell

Gloria Mitchell Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Tnx I may try this...tho it does not help with mold.

2. Jeanee Burke

Jeanee Burke Member
    Registered

For cleaning the kitchen and bathroom I use lemon scented 409. It's antibacterial, too. It cleans well. Sometimes with some stains I use a cheap bleach cleaner. I use Old English for all the wood furniture. I use Comet for cleaning the toilet. For the floors I use a generic orange scented cleaner that works pretty good.

Gloria Mitchell and Bill Boggs like this.
  3. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I'm not too particular any more. We have a young lady comes in once a week, unless she's off doing something else which is seldom. I often tell her to skip my office. I've got more stuff in here than I have room for, a large desk, big desk chair, stereo equipment, oxygen machine and supplies, a portable machine and a nebulizer, and books. I keep a pair of binoculars in here, and two pairs of earphones, a small Canon ''digital ELPH camera on my desk. I don't mind a little dust. If it gets in the way, I'll swipe it with something. I've come to realize cleaning is so repetitive and besides none of us would want to catch that clean disease.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
    Jeanee Burke and Gloria Mitchell like this.
  4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Veteran Member
    Registered

Ourr little cozy cottage has about 600 square feet with wood flooring everywhere except for the vinyl flooring in the bathroom It's easy to keep clean I use Scrubbing Bubbles in the bathroom for the tub, sink, and toilet. I vacuum all the flooring and then us my Swifter WetJet to clean all the floors. I dust with my Swifter duster Lysol multi-surface cleaner in my kitchen. My Honey and I both help keep our home clean...he doesn't mind doing laundry, dishes, or anything else around the house. He will even help cook, but I cook inside and he will do his cooking for us on the grill. We make a good team and I'm really thankful he's my Honey. :)

Jeanee Burke likes this.
  5. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Veteran Member
    Registered

Unfortunately I have almost 2,000 sq ft to clean and just because I don't use a room doesn't mean it doesn't get dusty. :(

I had the swifter but didn't think it did a good job on my tile floors, so I got an old fashioned type mop which I think does a better job...also more work.

I'm thinking of getting someone to at least do a major cleaning once a month.

Babs Hunt likes this.
  6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Veteran Member
    Registered

I realy don't like tile floors except in the bathroom. I'm still waiting for our next door neighbor to come back from his summer fishing cottage. He's going to help us take our vinyl flooring up in the bathroom and lay some tile down in there. It really needs to be updated. I love the real wood flooring we have in the rest of our home..it's such a nice blend of warm colors and so easy to clean. Dusting is really the job that takes the most time...and I hate dusting because it always makes me sneeze and get stuffy.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  7. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Veteran Member
    Registered

I have tile in my bathrooms and my kitchen and dining area, wood in the living room, hallway and den and carpet in all 4 bedrooms plus my master bathroom is carpet except for the small room that just has the toilet.

So, I get to use everything from a vacuum cleaner to mops and everything in between.

I like wood floors too and they look nice until the sun shines in on them and then you wonder where all that dust came from so quickly. :)

8. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Veteran Member
    Registered

Medicare should include house cleaning services.

9. Jeanee Burke

Jeanee Burke Member
    Registered

That's so nice you have someone to help you keep the place clean. He sounds like a good man.

10. Jeanee Burke

Jeanee Burke Member
    Registered

I agree. I don't get Medicare but if and when I do that would be nice.

11. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Veteran Member
    Registered

Thanks Jeanee. He's a very good but far from perfect man and husband...he is a perfect match to his good woman and wife who is also far from perfect. :p

Jeanee Burke and Gloria Mitchell like this.
  12. Jeanee Burke

Jeanee Burke Member
    Registered

Of course, no one is perfect. :)