Classic Bill Cosby

Discussion in 'Make Me Laugh' started by Mal Campbell, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Mal Campbell

Mal Campbell Supreme Member
    Registered

It's such a shame that Bill Cosby has been embroiled in so much controversy lately. That's all he'll be remember for. But in his hay-day, he really was very funny - without having to rely on sex or obscenity.

Here's a classic clip:

2. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Mal, I agree that Bill is one of our generations best comedians. He brought quite a bit of laughter to all of us, and I think his Fat Albert character brought a lot of understanding to the racial scene at the time. He encouraged many of us the take a lighter view of life.

I know he has been under the media guns in the last few years, but I choose not to believe in just allegations. I have been judged several times on rumors, and these kinds of judgements are hard to refute.

I really don't think he had to drug or force women to have sex. He was a very attractive and wealthy man that happened to have a string of ambitious women hanging on his every word and movement. There was no need for him to force himself on anyone. There were way too many willing women, so he didn't need to do that. So I have chosen to believe him and his wife.

3. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

I grew up watching Bill Cosby on TV, he is a very talented man. I also don't know what to believe in all that has been said about Bill Cosby these days. Do I believe the allegations against him? To be honest I don't know what to think. If what these women are saying is true then why didn't one of them press chages. Am I suppose to buy that all of them kept quiet. The only one that was mentioned back at that time actually seem ore like they were extorting money. Sorry, but how else do you describe someone who says that this happened, but for a certain amount of money they will shut up. Its not exactly the way I would act if this happened to me, there wouldn't be enough money to get me to shut up. I do think its terrible though that the news media has decided that he is guilty and so has the industry. These women show no valid proof just their word, so more of them were coming forward, yeah and again I am suppose to buy that none of them chose to press charges.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
  4. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered