Civilian Jobs Need Some Military Advice?

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

If this needs to be moved, please do it.

I know a guy who lives at the apt. complex where wife and I do who retired out of the Navy in Oct. He was a 1st Class Aviation Boatswain's Mate (ABH1). He is now working for an auto parts store. I seen him at the apt. complex Christmas gathering and asked him how things are going in civilian life. He told me, "I can't believe the lack of discipline in the workplace. I work at a auto parts store and people come and go as they want. Management sure isn't like the military. I do my job, but sure see others that don't and management doesn't say a thing. It's just so mind-boggling to me."

I met a former Marine in Tenn. who told me the same thing. He decided to leave the Marine Corp as an E-6/Staff Sargent. After being out for awhile, getting a job and taking some college courses, he decide to enlist in the Army. He told me, "I just couldn't take the lack of discipline in the civilian job I had. So many employees doing whatever they wanted to. Talking on their cell phone and doing stuff on the computer not related to work at all."

So, with this being said, should civilian jobs get some military advice?

Another thing I noticed/been told......not many companies want to hire former military. Why? Former military personnel are took strict for the way some companies are run.

What do you think?

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Perhaps this Thread should have been put into a different forum. Just thinking about that.