Church Of England Considers Turning Blind Eye To Gay Clergy

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Babs Hunt, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

No, and I hope I didn't say that christians should do that. The bible does say that christians are to be "in" the world, but not "of" the world. I understand what that means. We as citizens of the US still have the right to worship as we wish. And that means everyone, unless, the "way" they worship breaks the laws of the Country.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  2. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

The World and America can worship anyway they want that's for sure. But if a church or a person says they are Christian....then that worship cannot consist of blatant sin that goes against God's Word and what Jesus Christ shed His blood to set us free from.

I have no problem with what the World or worldly people do or don't do because it is as you say @Denise Happyfeet Christians have to live in the world, but not be a part of it....in this case Christians would have no part in a church that does not follow God's Word. Which would be the church spoken of in this thread topic.

Denise Evans likes this.
  3. Denise Evans

Registered

That's right and I mentioned that, don't attend those churches if you don't believe!! Also, people are free to call themselves christians, no matter what they are practicing, even if christian that believe on the bible don't believe that way. We can waster our breath telling people they are wrong, but there is no law that says you can't have a church that's called "christian" and practice things different than what the bible teaches.

4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Standing up for true Biblical Christianity and standing against the lies of false Christianity will never be wasting my breath to me @Denise Happyfeet. ;)

Denise Evans likes this.
  5. Denise Evans

Registered

I think we are misunderstanding each other, maybe not. What I mean is that people can call themselves, or there church what they want. I others want to protest that it's also lawful. The bible also says that Jesus told his disciples, maybe it was Paul?? if people did not want to hear what they were sharing to shake the dust from their sandals and move on.

I think what Jesus or Paul meant by that was don't waste time on those that will not listen, when there are a lot of people that want to hear about the God of the bible. I prefer NKJV when I read the bible but this is what popped up. I'm not saying you are wrong, but this is where I was going with what I said:

New International Version
    If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet.

PS and I can't agree more on words not being wasted Babs because if you are the only one who is listening to your own words, they are never wasted.

6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

No, we are not misunderstanding each other @Denise Happyfeet....we are just discussing this topic...and that's a good thing! :)