Christmas And New Year's Holidays

Discussion in 'Holidays & Traditions' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Dec 22, 2021.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Well said, Tony. The holidays are special and I don't wish them away. I even enjoy the New Year fireworks since we no longer have a little dog who was afraid of the noise.

2. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

I think of all the down stuff that have been happening, my son-in-law is still not doing well, we thought he'd be home by now, he's still in the hospital. So I think my mind is searching for some good stuff, I just wrote another thought process which I'll post after this

3. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Christmas love

Picking out that special gift for family or friend
    That's a sign of love
    Putting presents under the tree for your children
    That's a sign of love
    Baking Christmas cookies for family and friends
    That's a sign of love
    Preparing a Christmas dinner
    That's a sign of love
    Sending Christmas cards
    That's a sign of love
    Midnight Mass praying for your family
    That's a sign of love
    Contacting loved ones on Christmas Day
    That's a sign of love
    Christmas Gatherings of family and friends
    That's a sign of love
    There are so many things we do at Christmas time and year around that are signs of love.

Tony

4. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, I was sad for a lady that lives here, about my age, maybe a few years older, but I went in to help her with her new TV and there were boxes (plastic tub-type) all along one wall and she lived here almost as long as I have(6-years). I didn't even think before I spoke I just said something like wow, what are all those boxes since she is a very, neat, organized house-keeper. She said they were her supplies, or I can't remember if that's the term she used. But she said "hard times coming" and she had her X or someone keeping some sort of storage facility I guess.

Maybe some think I'm stupid but only rarely buy even 2 dozen eggs, and definitely only 1 pack of TP.

5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Merry Christmas, everyone.

6. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Ditto, Merry Christmas to everyone ;)

7. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

8. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It IS a glow. You can feel it when you're out. Even with "all that's going on," everyone seems to be infected with the spirit.

9. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

You're right the Christmas spirit is very special it's what inside us the year around, in a low beam but around this time of year the high beams come on and it's a beautiful thing.
    You just want to do something special for the ones you love, to get a smile especially if they're hurting.

10. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Morning after Christmas (Sunday) and we just watched our DVD video of The Glory of Christmas. This magnificent Presentation took place at the Crystal Cathedral in Garden Grove, CA. When we lived in So. California, we attended this twice. Once, we paid for it and another time, we were just getting ready to buy two tickets and somebody gave us two tickets that couldn't go. Offered to pay, but they said to us, "no thanks and Merry Christmas".

When the DVD Video came out, some years ago, we bought it. Have watched it each Christmas. It's a tradition for us now.

The Presentation includes live animals, including camels, and six Angels (on wires) that come down from the corners of the building and sing. Wonderful, absolutely wonderful Presentation!

Tony Page and Yvonne Smith like this.
  11. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Our Christmas Eve was just like Thanksgiving--no children or grandchildren. Both are the first time that my wife and I have spent those holidays alone since Jimmie Carter was President. We had Two of our sons and their families here for Christmas dinner yesterday, so that was more normal. I think another family will be here on New Years, and we hope to travel to Seattle to visit children and grandchildren we haven't seen for some time after the first of the year unless the government screws things up.