Chrissy Is In The Hot Seat

Discussion in 'Games & Riddles' started by Terry Page, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Bonnie Thomas

Bonnie Thomas Veteran Member
    Registered

My question .. if you could be one age forever, what would it be?

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

@Ina I. Wonder , my first rebellious act was dropping out of college and leaving Pittsburgh. My father bought that up every time I visited, which wasn't often. I was a very good child, even as a teenager. Didn't drink, smoke, date, do drugs, got good grades, etc. I did have a fight with my mother at 16 and decided to run away from home. I was home by dark. Just walked around the whole day. :)

Hmmm, second question is difficult, not sure I feel grown up even now. Probably when I had my daughter at 20, because of the responsibility. Or maybe when my husband died, I had to depend on myself more or less.

3. Chrissy Cross

Registered

@Bonnie Thomas, the best age ever for me was 47. I looked my best, had no responsibilities, most money ever, all very selfish reasons but that is my honest answer.

4. Tom Locke

Tom Locke Veteran Member
    Registered

The "th" problem is common to many. Even most Irish people often pronounce it more as "t" or a soft "dh" sound, so if an Irishman was telling you about "tree fellers," he wouldn't be referring to men that were cutting down trees. In Eritrea and Ethiopia, people tend to pronounce words with "th" more like a "z" sound, so a packet of the most common cigarettes there would be "Rozman's." That's similar in countries in the Middle East.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  5. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Hungarians would say "da" instead of "the" and it's so funny to see them put their tongue between their teeth trying to say it the right way.

Tom Locke likes this.
  6. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

Chrissy, what is the best dish you cook?

7. Chrissy Cross

Registered

@Ruby Begonia , I would have to say it's any Hungarian one, but maybe Chicken Paprikas with homemade nokedli (little dumplings). Although last night my daughter was reminiscing about a version of German Sauerbraten I used to make when they were living at home still.

Ruby Begonia and Karen McKenzie like this.
  8. Karen McKenzie

Karen McKenzie Veteran Member
    Registered

Chrissy..what 2 famous people past or present would you like to have dinner with?

9. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Hmmmmm, another toughie! @Karen McKenzie

Trump, just to really get and understand his strategy for being so brash and such a loudmouth. To make sure that he is deep down what I think he is and not a racist, etc as he is portrayed. He will get my vote and I hope I'm doing the right thing and a one on one with him would help. Also slip him some truth serum. :)

Second person would be Jesus, since we are having discussions about Christianity on here. I would finally know the truth. I would ask him to turn my wine into water since I don't drink. If he did that, I'd be a believer.

10. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

If someone granted you 3 wishes right now...what would those 3 wishes be? :)

11. Chrissy Cross

Registered

@Babs Hunt , if you mean personal wishes and not ones like a cure for cancer than I would say.

1. My mom gets better and out of the hospital.
    2. I could snap my finger and all my stuff would be sorted and the rest put in storage and I could either spend the year visiting all my relatives for a few months each or find a cheap place near my son in Illinois, and every few months visit my daughter and live in "my room" at her house.
    3. My back wouldn't hurt.

12. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

If you were to consider marrying again...what would your new spouse be like?

13. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Wow, @Babs Hunt , that's a good question. I'm not interested in the physical so it wouldn't matter what he looked like or what shape he was in. He'd have to have a good sense of humor, I couldn't live with someone serious.

He would have to be kind and caring, be handy around the house, generous not just with me but with others as well, he would have to get along with my family and like spending time with my grandsons, otherwise it wouldn't work. Also, he'd have to put me on a pedestal and treat my like a queen like my first husband did. :)

Never going to find this guy, lol.

14. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Chrissy , great questions and answers so far... :D can you bring to mind a favourite memory of yours of each of your children... when they were small...something they did or said that's stayed with you forever...

Also , if you had your time over again, would you raise your children the same way or differently?

15. Chrissy Cross

Registered

@Holly Saunders , the first question is easy, yes, I would raise them exactly the way I did.

Second question requires some thinking....

A memory from my daughter when she was about 3 and the only time I did work for a little bit. After picking her up after her first day at daycare she said..."mom, I stood by the window all day and waited for you to come and pick me up, I missed you." The teacher confirmed that indeed she stayed by the window all day and just watched for me. Awwww, broke my heart.

A funny one with my son. He was older, maybe 12 and I had just gotten a perm. It was a time when for some reason I was fighting with my husband and the kids were around. It was pretty ugly and my husband said something about divorcing me and later my son came to me and asked if Daddy wanted to leave me because of my ugly perm? Lol, yes it was hideous, never got another one.