Chocolate Drops, Again

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Frank Sanoica, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

100% Cacao, no sugar, Baker's Unsweetened Baking Chocolate. She has alternated sweeteners, Stevia, and the other two shown, which are Splenda. The actual method I'm not yet privy to, but will get it, if you like. These babies a marvelously rich-tasting and luscious! None of these flavored non-sugar liquid sweeteners are low-priced, but the bottle on the left is 99 cents at the 99-cent Store. Frank

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Is your wife making these with coconut oil, too, @Frank Sanoica ? Since you posted about the first ones she made, I have been making the peanut butter ones, and the dogs can eat those and get their coconut oil, too.
    I keep it in the refrigerator, and then just cut little chunks off for me and for them.
    I tried just getting a spoonful of the coconut oil plain, and didn't like it very much, and then I read about putting it in coffee, and tried that method. I didn't like that either; but making the peanut butter "candies" with peanut butter and coconut oil seem to work great !
    I have been going to try making some chocolate ones, but those are not suposed to begood for the dogs; and I have not tried adding the bakers cocoa yet. I do use that in my morning coffee sometimes, and always when I make the iced coffee in the afternoons.
    If you can share how your wife makes these chocolates, I would like to get more adventurous about making some myself.
    I also have an easy recipe for low-carb cheesecake if she is interested . It is just a package of sugar-free pudding, cheesecake preferably, but plain vanilla will also work, and lemon is interesting, too.
    Take a pint of cottage cheese, 2 cups water, and blend it well in the blender, and then stir in the pudding mix, and chill.
    I like it , although it is not the same as having cheesecake, it seems to help that craving for sweets that I get every now and then.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  3. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Yvonne Smith
    No oil included, I don't think, but I'll ask her. I lean away from fats wherever possible, but her regimen dictates fats, proteins, and carbs in a specific ratio. Cottage cheese sounds wonderful, highly nutritious (I like it best fat-free, though. My wife disagrees, because the fat-free varieties employ many chemical additives not found in "real" cottage cheese).
    Frank

4. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

We use chocolate syrup as dip for marshmallow during occasions particularly when there are children guests. My sister has this small chocolate fountain with chocolate syrup as the fuel. By the way, our breakfast drink is either fruit juice or milk chocolate but it is the powdered chocolate (Swiss Miss) that we buy. I don't know if that chocolate syrup is also good for mixing with fresh milk for a milk chocolate drink.