Chipper's New Bed Has Arrived, And He Loves It!

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Yvonne Smith, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

My little Yorkie-poo, Chipper, always slept right beside me at night , from the time that he was a puppy, until the last year or so. We have a bed frame that sits fairly high off of the floor, and Chipper is almost 15 years old now, and I worried that he might fall off of the bed and break a rib or even his leg, since he is so fragile .
    We got one of the baby play-pens for him, and that way he could still sleep in the bedroom, but I didn't have to worry about him falling off of the bed at night; but he discovered that he could jump out of it. Then, I was worried that he would catch a toenail or something and hurt himself trying to climb out.
    This week, I found the perfect place for him to sleep.
    It is a small round mesh-sided playpen that has a zipper-top. He has his blankets and soft cushiony dog bed in there, and he can see out at night, but is in a safe place to sleep, and right next to my side of the bed.
    It is perfect for him, and he slept there last night was was totally happy with his new bed.
    Chipper is a very opinionated little dog, and when he doesn't want to be woke up, he will growl and grumble, and then come toddling out with his tail wagging, as if to say that he didn't like being called out of his bed; but it is all fine again now.
    When we go to bed at night, we always let the dogs out for their final trip outside , and Chipper always grumbles; but then he happily goes outside for his last bathroom break before bedtime.
    IMG_0268.JPG

2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Looks fab Yvonne - just the ticket for little Chipper :)

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

@Yvonne Smith is that a doorway on the front as well? I could see Izzy in such a little house if that were a doorway that he could enter and exit at will. :p

4. Yvonne Smith

Yes, there is a doorway in the front that zips and unzips, and can be held up out of the way with little Velcro straps. The top can unzip and come completely off, and the whole thing folds flat for carrying it somewhere. It weighs next to nothing, and has screen all the way around that makes it easy for the dog to see outside in any direction. It would be easy to use this in a vehicle instead of the crate, too, or even if you were going to someone's house and wanted Izzy to have his own bed along.
    I put soft blankets down inside, and then Chipper's little doggie bed that is soft and comfortable for him, and one of my little crocheted throw rugs over that; so it has all things that he is familiar with and used to sleeping on anyway.
    He LOVES this, and I know that he is safe in there at night.
    Amazon has a good selection of these in all sizes and prices; but this one was perfect for what I needed for Chipper.
    Here is the link if you want to check it out, @Ina I. Wonder .

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B37WUXI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Patsy Faye likes this.
  5. Missy Lee

Missy Lee Veteran Member
    Registered

nothing is too good for our four legged friends, great price

6. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

@Yvonne Smith that is exactly what I was thinking. Izzy doesn't really like the metal cage I use in the car, and the one you got Chipper does look so much more comfy, and less like a cage. Plus the metal one can be difficult to maneuver back and forth all the time.

Oh, by the way, I've been picking on your hubby today. I think it's good for him. Builds character, I'm told. But I also pick on @Frank Sanoica , @Cody Fousnaugh, @Gary Ridenour and even @Ken Anderson when I can get away with it. :D

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  7. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

remember guys she doe's have a dog house :cool:

8. Yvonne Smith

For Christmas, I made Chipper a “bathrobe” to wear after his little doggy-showers. I always brush and blow dry him afterwards; but it is hard to get the tummy dry and his feet; so I usually bundle him up in one of his little shirts afterwards.
    This is longer and colorful, and he seems to like it. After I took his picture, he is now curled up in his little soft bed and snoozing in his bathrobe.
    B76A7962-6E38-4AA2-A202-EFD12339061B.jpeg