Chinese Virus Rants And Complaints

Discussion in 'Viruses' started by Patsy Faye, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Craig I'm absolutely fed up with this Coronavirus coverage - its non stop
    I like to listen to the radio and after 3 hours talk about it, I long for the next presenter and what happens …….
    another blooming 3 hours of Coronavirus and its all repeat repeat

Now - silly people are bulk buying products, so when I do me shop this week, well I'll be lucky if I get me bits !
    Grrr and another …. grrr

2. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

I too am fed up to my ears with this corona virus. For pete's sake the number of people affected as part of the world population is minuscule. And most of the reporting doesn't even distinguish between Vid19 and the common cold.

3. Patsy Faye

Registered

Here we go again - radio on and guess what ……….. :mad:

Micki Pembroke and Lois Winters like this.
  4. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

Same with the telly. Although we have some primary voting for our presidential candidates to keep us somewhat occupied as well.

Patsy Faye and Micki Pembroke like this.
  5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

As far as I am aware, there's no problem in our stores here, although I hear there are in the southern part of the state, where most of the crazy people live. I have noticed that it's easy enough to find what you need on Amazon.com, anyhow.

Bobby Cole and Lois Winters like this.
  6. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

It is bloody annoying Patsy. The WHO officially has announced the virus.. is it (Coronavirus or COVID-19?). a PANDEMIC. So much confusion. WHO said today; "This designating a virus as a Pandemic doesn’t refer to the severity or deadliness of the disease. A disease that’s become a pandemic isn’t necessarily more or less of a killer than a disease that hasn’t. The case fatality rate for COVID-19 is still likely significantly higher than that of the season flu but not as high as that of SARS. There hasn’t been a dramatic change in the characteristics of the virus itself or the disease that it can cause.".....

7. Patsy Faye

Registered

Made an extra trip out this morning to try for the bits I couldn't get - no good

Craig Wilson likes this.
  8. Craig Wilson

Registered

Everyone has gone mad. Panicking like rabbits in the head lites. There were two women going hell for leather at each other in a Sydney supermarket over a carton of toilet paper day before yesterday.

9. Patsy Faye

Registered

Really is so annoying, if everyone just did their weekly shop we'd all be fine ! Gggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad:

Lois Winters likes this.
  10. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

It's mass hysteria with the flames being fanned by the media. I would even prefer to here about what's going on with the Kardashians than corona-virus.

11. Jim Nash

Jim Nash Veteran Member
    Registered

Corona Virus just reinforces the basic instinct that started when primitive man battled with his neighbour for survival. I remember a self-made sugar shortage here in Britain. People queued for hours to get one bag when there was tonnes of sugar stored, cupboards were filled, went hard and was thrown away. This is different in that you may have to self isolate for a couple of weeks but this crazy stampede is understandable madness. I have resisted, maybe foolishly.

Micki Pembroke and Ken Anderson like this.
  12. Craig Wilson

Registered

Bout time we heard the latest rant from my fellow Aussie @ Milla Jonas. How about it Milla. Anything to say.. for instance about the mysterious virus sweeping the world? C'mon up on your soap box.

13. Milla Jonas

Milla Jonas Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I’m here to say my bit about this virus .....I wanted a few things this morning like loo paper. Nah...none what so ever
    what about a bottle of hand wash ..nah ...tissues ...nah ...
    Fresh eggs to make am omelette ..ok they had some ...but it’s just as well the 500 people in one place doesn’t start till tomorrow ..OMG ..who ever is going to check on that would have been throwing at least 200 outta Woolworths cause it was packed to the rafters in WW /Coles / Aldi.

..no word of a lie WW / Coles had people backed up waiting online to the freezers at the back of the shop in every isle.

Looks like I’m gonna have to head down the river to get a few gum tree leaves for loo use as no loo paper in shops

Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
    Craig Wilson likes this.
  14. Milla Jonas

Milla Jonas Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I just had a “bitch” @Craig Swanson ..we must have posted at same time

15. Craig Wilson

Registered

My wife is in the same situation. She was after some dunny paper.. loo paper? We dont call it that. I digress. She spent at least 10 minutes looking for the paper and hand sanitiser and other stuff. All sold out. I asked her why she did not ask a worker.. better still why hadn't the Woollies store placed a placard at the entrance.. saying.. no toilet paper, hand sanitiser, toothpaste etc.. plus the estimated time for new stock arrivals. But nothing. She said the aisles were chocka (packed) with people in a panic. It was bedlam. Having a chuckle over your idea of going down river for some gum leaves:D

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020