Chick-fil-a

Discussion in 'Restaurant Reviews' started by Ken Anderson, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I never said they were a bad company @Ken Anderson just that I haven't eaten there after looking at the menu nutrition online.

I was just also explaining to Honey and Holly what it is. To say it's just a fast food place wouldn't give the whole picture

If their nutritional value was a little better I would probably give it a try. They are few and far between here though and I don't think I've ever seen one near the places my daughter goes.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
    Holly Saunders likes this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I know, @Chrissy Cross. I just wanted to mention that for the sake of balance. A lot of people equate disagreement with hatred and they're not necessarily the same thing.

3. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I understand. I didn't read the Wikipedia article just gave it as a link. I have nothing against them. I'm not one to boycott any food places for whatever reason.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  4. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Actually In-n-out has bible references on some of its cups, etc.

Bible versesEdit
    [​IMG]
    Bible reference on the bottom of an In-N-Out drink cup
    [​IMG]
    Bible reference on wrapper of an In-N-Out Double-Double
    In-N-Out prints bible citations in small print on areas of packaging. The practice began in the 1980s during Rich Snyder's presidency,[55] a reflection of the Christian beliefs held by the Snyder family.

Anyway, back to Chick fil A....didn't mean to hijack with another fast food place. Maybe I'll do a review of in-n-out later.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  5. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

We have to drive a bit to get to Chick Fil-A. I had a coupon so we went and the drive thru line was inncredibly long. When I think about it it was the Grand Opening. Never made it back there.

Joe Riley and Yvonne Smith like this.
  6. Ken Anderson

We ate at Chick-fil-A today. It was hugely busy, probably because it's new and the first one in Maine. It turns out the manager is from Millinocket, where I live, although he hasn't lived in Millinocket in a while. The service was good, particularly given the very long line, and the food was good.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  7. Chrissy Cross

Registered

The lines are always long at in-n-out unless you get there when it opens...but it moves quickly. It's a very simple menu.

8. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

I never seen an In-N-Out, so guess we don't have one. The closest we have to it is probably Carl's I think. I'll take Bobert there so he can get their enormous burgers, and I will get a couple of orders of fried zucchini for myself.

We have lots of Chic-fil-A's, but I'm not a chicken kind of gal. I guess I just ate to much of it while raising my family. But I do take Bobert there, and Izzy too if we are out and about.

9. Chrissy Cross

Registered

What did you have?

10. Chrissy Cross

Registered

They're nothing like Carl's. I'm not fond of Carl's, have only eaten there when I was doing Atkins and they came out with a no or low carb burger. Too bad though because I have one within walking distance...about 1/4 of a mile.

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  11. Ken Anderson

The Spicy Chicken Sandwich, and my wife had the plain Chicken Sandwich, I think. We were there too late for breakfast, but I prefer their breakfasts. I think I like everything on their breakfast menu that I've had, and I've had most of their breakfast items. My favorites are the breakfast burritos though. They are better than the breakfast burritos I've had at other fast food places.

12. Chrissy Cross

Registered

It sounds good. I just had issues with their sodium..not that other fast food places don't have high sodium food, they do but I just remember looking at the nutrition and thinking....nope.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  13. Ken Anderson

Sodium = Salt = Salt of Life, and life is good. You can't go wrong there. More seriously, while Chick-fil-A is one of the better fast food places, it is a fast food place, and it's not a good idea to eat too many of your meals at fast food places. The only fast food place we have in Millinocket is McDonalds, but I go there maybe once every two or three months. Jared may have lost weight eating Subway sandwiches, but then he went to prison and I hear he's gaining it all back.

14. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Sodium is what I watch the most...just a quirk with me. It keeps my BP low without meds and I just feel better.

I can tell when I've had too much...don't feel well. Maybe all in my head but to me it's real.

I will look at their nutrition again since it's been a couple years, maybe it's changed. If it has I'll give it a try when I'm around that area.

I prefer chicken to hamburgers anyway.....except an in-n-out. :)

Ken Anderson likes this.
  15. Ken Anderson

As you may have read, New York City considers Chick-fil-A to be enough of a threat that they are banning the restaurant from NYC. The threat? The owner is a Christian and to the NYC city council, Christianity doesn't represent their values. Pretty much anything else is fine, but Christianity is a danger to the citizens of New York City.

If you have ever been to a Chick-fil-A, if you were there on a slow day and you were paying attention, you might notice that the radio station was tuned to a Christian music station, and that they are not open on Sunday. That's about it, but that's enough to strike fear in the hearts of the New York City council.

When I lived in North Carolina, one of the stores that I worked was near a Chick-fil-A, so I would usually come an hour early and get a breakfast burrito before work, and get some reading done. If you brought the subject up, it was likely that the person behind the counter would be familiar with Christian topics, but they don't refuse to hire non-Christian employees, and no one preaches to you while you're ordering a sandwich.

Generally, the music that is played quietly is such that you have to pay attention, or be familiar with the songs, to recognize the music as being Christian music.

When they opened a Chick-fil-A in Bangor a few years ago, a few token idiots picketed the place the first day, but the crowds of customers was so large that most people probably never noticed them. That store continues to be hugely busy, for some reason.

That said, although I am a Christian, I rarely eat at the Bangor Chick-fil-A - certainly not because the owner is a Christian, but because I am not a big fan of chicken sandwiches, chicken nuggets, or anything else they have on the menu, and because the place is way too crowded for me. If I'm in Bangor overnight, I'll sometimes go there for breakfast because their breakfast burritos and sandwiches are okay, but they don't have anything on the lunch menu that I like.

Obviously, others don't feel that way because there is always a crowd there. Both the drive-through and walk-in lines are long, and nearly half the people at the tables have children who annoy me.

Bobby Cole and Don Alaska like this.